2012 DW Convention ~ Cripple Mr. Onion Card School

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

How do we theme the Discworld Deck? (re-read 1st post please)

• Option A ~ Regional

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option B ~ Suit associated (match character to hearts etc)

• Option C ~ Grouped by Series

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Option D ~ Ranked characters (Death = Ace)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Option E ~ Inclusive/Random (all 54 character cards)

• Option F ~ something else? Suggest something then clever clogs!

• Total voters

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Re: 2012 Discworld Convention ~ Cripple Mr. Onion Card Schoo

:laugh: Got the tarot cards back from the printers this morning and they look really great! :mrgreen:

So - I'll get the cards prepped this weekend which means I'll be PMing those who've been kind enough to donate and get it all off to the printers a.s.a.p next week. This will just be for the Terry presentation pack now.

I've made up all the playing sets for the convention now and have confirmed with the Charity Auction team that we'll be donating one of those, so that's all ear-marked for Alzheimers and Shelterbox :laugh:

Thanks to everyone who's inputted to this thread with ideas or encouraging remarks - it's been a great thing to be involved with and we can still have fun with it for the 'character' cards after the convention or with these cards we've got with a Discworld back or the same tesselated design that's going to Terry - the templates are all ready and once the convention's over, if you want a set then just PM me and I'll get them over to you to print at home ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
And in breaking news (well sort of as I've been really busy since this morning because of this... :p )

Due to the generosity of a last minute benefactor(s o_O: ) I've just gone and put in another order for a further 8 suit deck to put in the Charidee Auction with this back design

This also now means that the home-made decks we'll be using in the Dice Box venue will be be up for 'prizes' for outstanding play and/or services on Bank Holiday Monday (possibly in the Griffin... :shifty: ) - I may be induced to sign the boxes as well :p

:happy-jumpeveryone: THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR IDEAS AND ENCOURAGEMENT IN MAKING THIS ENDEAVOUR SO ENJOYABLE - I MEAN THAT MOST SINCERELY!!!!! :happy-jumpeveryone:

Hope to see everyone who's going to the con in...

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
They're amazing! He's going to be so chuffed! Can Penners be there with the camera when you hand them over?

User Menu

Newsletter