2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
The Mad Collector said:
bionicgeekgrrl said:
Nope, as I didn't use the stairs at all. Lifts were essential for me.
and wonderfully slow they were as well especially the one for getting blue dot people to and from The Dysk :rolleyes:
I think the issue was more timing between events. Hopefully if the Palace is used again the programme team will take that on board and spread events out a bit more to allow for the time it takes to get around. Back to back events just didn't work at all sadly. Either that or a curtain system so tech could do their thing behind closed curtains and still allow people to sit in the Dysk for the following event rather than exiting and lots of queing/waiting.

Personally I found it a nuisance, but as I had no choice but to use the lifts there was little option but to wait often. Thankfully someone either from the ConCom or Watch had the sensible idea to put seats by the lift and dysk entrance making the waiting for blue dot users a bit more bearable.

It didn't detract though from a wonderful Con.

Jan Van Quirm said:
That one was the main reception lift and went to all the floors so it was always going to be a pain in the rear end :rolleyes: It didn't help that the other 5 lifts either didn't go anywhere near the convention event rooms or skipped floors altogether
Quriks of a 100+ year old building and where lift shafts can go etc I suspect. No real way around it as I can see due to the Listing status.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
hnorwood said:
Who else on this forum dropped in to the second Art Room?
I was there! Didn't introduce myself though, sorry. We discussed the origins of the hermit elephant, don't know if you remember that conversation out of many (found out later where they were first mentioned, but now I've forgotten it again :rolleyes: )

Loved the model :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter