Announce: Discworld Convention 2012 Charities

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
A

Anonymous

An announcement regarding the chosen charities for 2012 has just gone live.

You can read all about it at http://www.dwcon.org/news/ and don't forget to book your membership if you haven't already - we're nearly up to number 500 and we've only been taking bookings for just over a month!

K

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Cor! I LIKE shelterbox! Like... when you have lost everything and you are feeling really sad and stuff they give you a BBQ and ten men in a tent!.... to cheer you up and all. :laugh:

.... what? o_O .... really? :rolleyes: .... OH! A ten MAN tent..... nevermind. :oops:

A

Anonymous

Roid said:
Do you take suggestions for new charities?
We've chosen the charities for 2012, however, if you have a particular charity close to your heart then feel free to suggest it to us, either in person at the con or email info@dwcon.org.

I don't know what will happen for future conventions but there's no harm in raising awareness!

K

A

Anonymous

poohcarrot said:
Hi Roid! :laugh:

How about the "Give Pooh a big bag of gold" charity? 8)
Tch! Everyone knows the 'Give the comms team as much gin as they can drink' charity comes first :p

K

A

Anonymous

poohcarrot said:
So if I bring a bottle of duty free Gin, will you supply the tonic? :laugh:
I *always* take a good supply of tonic with me wherever I go just in case there's any gin that needs drinking up :eek:

A

Anonymous

The Mad Collector said:
KarenM said:
I *always* take a good supply of tonic with me wherever I go just in case there's any gin that needs drinking up :eek:
It's such a shame to see it going to waste isn't it Karen :)
Well, you know, it would be a crime to let good gin go to waste, or any gin really, but mostly I'm just saving it from going off!

You could consider it a service really...

User Menu

Newsletter