Announce: Discworld Convention 2012 Hotel Accomodation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
A

Anonymous

Have you booked your Hotel room? Family rooms now sold out!

Hotel rooms at the Convention hotel are going like, well, hotel rooms at a Discworld Convention if we are honest Quite frankly if they were hot cakes they couldn't be going much faster and would be significantly harder to sleep in.

So it it with some surprise we announce that all the family rooms are sold out. Should you wish to be placed on a waiting list for a family room please email hotel@dwcon.org. Our delightful hotel liaison team * will be happy to help.

Don't forget no payment is taken when booking your room (although you will need to provide card details to secure the booking), So why wait?

K

* they are going to owe me at least one G&T for that

A

Anonymous

Who's Wee Dug said:
Hi Karen, are the hotel going to email confimation about the booking I did ask at Eastercon at the desk about my booking but they said it was to early.
Hiya,

As far as I know we won't be emailing individual confirmations unless you email to ask us to - our bookings will be integrated with the hotel about a year out from the con (so end of August/early September this year), everything that has been booked through the website will be transferred then.

Does that help?

K

A

Anonymous

Who's Wee Dug said:
Yes that's fine thanks,I only asked at the hotel as somewhere it was stated my hotel was not booked although I had done it online.
If you have an attack of paranoia (as I myself am wont to do) you can either log in using whatever details you used to register on dwcon.org (if you did, it's not mandatory) and check that way or email hotel@dwcon.org and ask them.

Don't worry, we won't make you sleep in the car park ;)

K

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Yeah, the booking system felt a little wierd - made me wonder if I'm going to be standing there in the foyer arguing about it :laugh:

A

Anonymous

Bouncy Castle said:
KarenM said:
Don't worry, we won't make you sleep in the car park ;)
They can all share your room! ;)
Hah, with the amount of hours I actually spent in my room last time I probably wouldn't notice if half the convention were in there... I think my boyfriend might though :eek:

K

A

Anonymous

poohcarrot said:
KarenM said:
Hah, with the amount of hours I actually spent in my room last time I probably wouldn't notice if half the convention were in there... I think my boyfriend might though :eek:

K
:eek: Whose room were you in then? :eek:

I'm pretty sure you weren't in mine. o_O
:mrgreen: that would be telling ;)

Actually, this time it's a different boyfriend who's never been to the convention so I might have to actually go to bed at a reasonable time!

K

A

Anonymous

Bouncy Castle said:
KarenM said:
I think my boyfriend might though :eek:
Boyfriend? Sharing a room?

I'm shocked. :eek:
I know :) I'm a disgusting baggage.

AND my parents are coming to the con (hopefully they'll get a room at the other end of the hotel to me).

K

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
KarenM said:
poohcarrot said:
KarenM said:

K
:eek: Whose room were you in then? :eek:

I'm pretty sure you weren't in mine. o_O
:mrgreen: that would be telling ;)

Actually, this time it's a different boyfriend who's never been to the convention so I might have to actually go to bed at a reasonable time!

K
So you change your boyfriend every two years? :eek:

Actually, that seems like a good plan. Variety is the spice of life. :laugh:

So you're going to bed at a reasonable time because the new boyfriend doesn't like you staying up late, or you're bonking. :laugh:

A

Anonymous

poohcarrot said:
So you change your boyfriend every two years? :eek:

Actually, that seems like a good plan. Variety is the spice of life. :laugh:

So you're going to bed at a reasonable time because the new boyfriend doesn't like you staying up late, or you're bonking. :laugh:
Hey, they wear out after a time, what can I say...

I think this one is for keeps though 8)

I also couldn't possibly comment on why I'll be going to bed earlier, a lady doesn't tell (and I won't either).

K

User Menu

Newsletter