BBC AMERICA GREENLIGHTS ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES THE WATCH

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Yesterday on Twitter...

@terryandrob Okay... tomorrow... there’s going to be some GOOD NEWS - really, really great news - but I have been instructed not to tell you ANYTHING. So I’m not. Nothing. Are we all in agreement here? I have told you nothing & you know nothing, except that tomorrow you will know something.
Today...

@terryandrob So, it’s tomorrow and there’s going to be some news today. However, it’s not quite news time yet. Therefore please put the kettle on and relish these last few hours of not knowing.
But finally...

Mx

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Re: BBC AMERICA GREENLIGHTS ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES THE WAT

*points above to Wee Dug's post* :)

I am glad that BBC America will bring Discworld to its American fans. I wonder when we equally devoted Antipodean fans may be equally graced. :-

Incidentally, I had a look at the Watch product page, and noted with dismay that some products that mention the logo "Fabricati Diem, Pvnc" also had the English translation.

Surely anyone who had ever read a Watch book, or ever had anything to do with Latin (or Italian, or Spanish, or French or any romantic language), can at least guess what "Fabricati Diem, Pvnc" means? Bigods, even the Americans - who normally don't need or use Latin - have Latin mottoes everywhere, from their money to their state mottoes to their banks. Even the American Great Seal has one - e pluribus unum ("Out of many, one", i.e. the 13 original states coming together as one). Does anyone really need a translation? :-

(And yes, I know I'm rambling about Latin, whereas A-M uses "Latatian". *G* I'm sorry, but, please don't tell us, let us figure it out. Please don't treat us like idiots...) :(

User Menu

Newsletter