SPOILERS Discussion of Good Omens, the series

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
I saw this in 2020, but it's well-worth watching again. ;)

Aziraphale sent them home with cake! *LOL* Everything that follows after that is hilarious, but the way Michael and David say the word "cake" had me in fits of giggles. :mrgreen:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Merch! There has been a dearth of official merch, aside from those big-head dolls. But in October 2023, no doubt to coincide with the release of Season Two of Good Omens, there is to be a release of an official Good Omens Tarot Deck!

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Season Two is not coming out for another 8 months? *strikes forehead* O, woe is us! ;)

(Of course I'm being sarcastic. Neil can take all the time he wants. I'm sure it'll be fantastic. On the other hand, it will be a nice birthday present for me). :)

Where is the news about this? I tried googling the release date, and can't find anything.

The only release date given so far for Season 2 of Good Omens is "Summer 2023", by which they mean some time between July and September, would be my guess.

As for the merchandise announcements, Discworld Monthly has been my main source for finding out this news. They post it on their social media channels as soon as available, but I'm sure it'll be mentioned in the next email newsletter as well (subscribe & read past issues at https://discworldmonthly.co.uk )

What's been announced so far for GO merch is a Tarot Deck, as mentioned above, and a card game coming from Renegade Game Studios. Very little detail is available about either yet, unfortunately, and many seem to be a US-first release. No info yet as to whether the products will be easily available elsewhere (but we can hope so).

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I have a modest collection of Tarot decks. I will get it to support the team, but I will reserve judgement until I see it. Still, I seem to recall Tarot was mentioned in the book.
There are some samples of the artist's other work recently reblogged at fuckyeahgoodomens.tumblr.com - it might be reasonable.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Ah, OK. I'm not on Tumblr, facebook (I refuse to call it meta. Rebranding sucks), Tiktok, or any other so-called social media.

(This isn't because of some weird phobia, by the way; I once tried to create a facebook account. But the damn thing took all my information and then refused to let me log in. Mr zuckerberg can kiss my tuches. And judging by what I've heard about facebook and its related scandals ... cambridge analytica was just the biggest and the one that most people remember ... well, judging by all that, including how facebook seems to be a sewer that attracts the worst people because they can spam, troll, bully and flame anonymously, I haven't missed much). =P

So, anyway ... just as Australia always seems to get overseas books and merch last, I always seem to hear the news last.

I've seen (but don't own) some cool Russian tarot cards. IIRC, Discworld has some Caroc cards. ;)

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
She also created templates to create Discworld-themed regular playing cards. She produced a few decks herself and gave a couple away during one of the group game events we used to have around here. I was one of the lucky winners. Still have them. Never play with them because they're too valuable. :)

Ottili

Aug 6, 2023
Germany
Fyi: Good Omens Season 2 is available via streaming - six episodes. I liked it. If you liked the first season I see a high probability that you‘ll like season 2, too. I don‘t want to spoiler anything, so I better stop now….

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
SPOILERS AHEAD
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
While mildly entertaining, I found Season 2 to be very inferior to Season 1. Just about episode seemed set up to create an overly long Biblical set pieces with Tennant and Sheen doing their very well acted but rather meaningless Cook and Moore-style comedy duo act. There was basically no plot, the two main side human characters weren't interesting at all and the whole soppy "Love conquers all" theme at the end was heavy handed and not interesting. Gaiman has said that this season was supposed to be a bridge to a third season that would more incorporate some of the plot elements he and Pterry allegedly had envisioned for a sequel to the first book, but it's too bad that so much time and effort were wasted on this season.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sigh. Far be it from me to critique something I have not seen, but raisindot's summary makes it sounds like Neil might have benefited from Terry's earthy influence.

Or am I talking rubbish? Sorry if I am. *blush*

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Sigh. Far be it from me to critique something I have not seen, but raisindot's summary makes it sounds like Neil might have benefited from Terry's earthy influence.

Or am I talking rubbish? Sorry if I am. *blush*
No, I totally agree. Gaiman claims that parts of season 2 were based on notes he and Pterry had written for a sequel to the original book, but I find it hard to believe that Pterry would have agreed to a storyline as simple as this. Maybe Season 3 (if there is one) will have a better storyline. The ending of Season 2 set up for a far more interesting season 3. And hopefully it will feature much more of one of my favorite British actors, whose name I won't mention here in order to avoid spoilers.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
SPOILERS AHEAD
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
While mildly entertaining, I found Season 2 to be very inferior to Season 1. Just about episode seemed set up to create an overly long Biblical set pieces with Tennant and Sheen doing their very well acted but rather meaningless Cook and Moore-style comedy duo act. There was basically no plot, the two main side human characters weren't interesting at all and the whole soppy "Love conquers all" theme at the end was heavy handed and not interesting. Gaiman has said that this season was supposed to be a bridge to a third season that would more incorporate some of the plot elements he and Pterry allegedly had envisioned for a sequel to the first book, but it's too bad that so much time and effort were wasted on this season.
Yes some episodes were a bit vanila, but watchable still the same, I hope season 3 will be as good as S1.

User Menu

Newsletter