Discworld Convention 2012 Launched

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I feel sick in a good way - with excitement :laugh:

We're all gonna have such a great time at this I hope :twisted: I finally managed to get a call through to Meerkat today - she's really looking forward to getting together with everyone and should be in Birmingham in the early pm of Friday with luck :happy-jumpeveryone:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
10 day forecast says it'll be 19 deg and showers on the Friday and getting cooler (17 deg) on Sat/Sun latter being dryer and Monday rain again and 16 deg

They've got air con and we'll be tucked away in one of smaller lower volume rooms for the Dice Box which is v. convenient for Ankh Morpork and refreshments ;)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I had some good ideas for my costume, but some parts of it were just to difficult to find. So I'm going as me, and if I could not leave it too late next time, I'l save it for 2014.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
You know they have a costume room (Chaos Costuming) there Dotsie? ;)

That's where I got the material for my Jackrum sash for 2010 and they had loads of material, sewing machines and threads etc as well as sequins and glue-guns and all kinds of other stuff that might be of use. One guy I met in there made himself a full-length cloak out of black felt and there were 2 really helpful seamstress/tailors of the kosher variety in there helping someone make a bustle to go with her corset so there's expert help too. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
It would end up being 90% of the costume :laugh: It'll do for next time. I might pop to the fancy dress shop tomorrow & get something witchy instead.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
michelanCello said:
Dotsie, I still have that elf-ish cloak, do you want me to bring it along for you? Might be a bit on the long side for you, but that's stylish ;)
Bless you! I tell you what, pack everything you want to, and if it fits in your case, then yes please :laugh: But only if it fits, mind!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Penfold said:
I've just picked up my outfit and I expect everyone attending will be regretting it as much as I already am (I had to walk home with it, attracting some attention from passers-by). :twisted: :laugh:
I now have a vision of Penfold as Mr Ben. :laugh:

Dotsie said:
michelanCello said:
Dotsie, I still have that elf-ish cloak, do you want me to bring it along for you? Might be a bit on the long side for you, but that's stylish ;)
Bless you! I tell you what, pack everything you want to, and if it fits in your case, then yes please :laugh: But only if it fits, mind!
No problem - if it doesn't fit I silmply pack a bigger suitcase ;)

Penners, I'm really worried :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter