Discworld Ideation

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Esme1

May 16, 2014
Hey Guys and Gals,

First of all, great forum!! I've been secretly snooping on this forum for a while and thought it would be time to get into action myself.

I'm an aspiring concept artist and currently working on my final project for school. For this project I've chosen to re-design some of the Discworld characters for RPG game concept. Because I really want to stay true to how they are as a person described in the Discworld books!

I've chosen to pair Susan together with The Librarian as a " couple" to go on adventures within the Discworld. Now the burning question; Can you tell me everything and anything you know of the quirky things that characterise Susan and/or The librarian? Have they ever spoken to each other? Whats his favourite book? Or food to eat? Does Susan use her " death eye" a lot? Or blush a lot?

Thanks!!

Esme1

May 16, 2014
Thanks for the reply!!

I've done a lot of research already and gathered lots of information through the wikipedia sites and other sources! But I was hoping for maybe some extra information about either the Librarian or Susan that fans remember whilst reading the Discworld books. I'm definitely going to read more Discworld books but right at this moment, I don't have the time to get into them so I'm trying to think of other ways to get the characters personality right!

Things like if The Librarian has a favourite book he likes the read, is something I cant find but might be described in the books. But I know he likes peanuts and goes to a bar Mended Rum quite often to have a drink. Just anything that comes to mind about them would be great to hear!! :laugh:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Esme1 said:
Thanks for the reply!!

I've done a lot of research already and gathered lots of information through the wikipedia sites and other sources! But I was hoping for maybe some extra information about either the Librarian or Susan that fans remember whilst reading the Discworld books. I'm definitely going to read more Discworld books but right at this moment, I don't have the time to get into them so I'm trying to think of other ways to get the characters personality right!

Things like if The Librarian has a favourite book he likes the read, is something I cant find but might be described in the books. But I know he likes peanuts and goes to a bar Mended Rum quite often to have a drink. Just anything that comes to mind about them would be great to hear!! :laugh:
Susan is only in three books: Soul Music, Hogfather, and Thief of Time. She thinks she can take chocolate or leave it, but the very best chocolate does tempt her. She thinks she understands children (I disagree with some of her beliefs about childen). Her hair has a life of its own. The Librarian is much more complex and appears in almost all the books, at least in a cameo.

Esme1

May 16, 2014
Whoa alright thanks guys for the input, it's much appreciated :) if you happen to remember some more please do tell. Ill be sure to check out Thief of Time. And Ill post up some artwork when I'm done for sure :laugh: Thanks!

User Menu

Newsletter