DISCWORLD IN CATALAN!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Hey!! I'm sorry I missed your comments! :eek:

Well, MAG is WIZARD in Catalan, and that's what the illustrator originally wrote on Rincewind's hat. But then fans pointed out that it should be misspelled (as WIZZARD has an extra Z) so she added an extra G to MAG. :p

By the way, I just read tha Catalan translation of "Small Gods" and... WOW! It's the third time I read it (and the third language I read it in) and the ending made me cry soooo much!!!!!!

Mx

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hey!! I'm sorry I missed your comments! :eek:

Well, MAG is WIZARD in Catalan, and that's what the illustrator originally wrote on Rincewind's hat. But then fans pointed out that it should be misspelled (as WIZZARD has an extra Z) so she added an extra G to MAG. :p
Aw ... "WIZZARD" has a sneaky pun (a 'wizard wizz') ... I presume "MAGG" loses the pun? =(

Esk (in "Equal Rites") even comments on this. "You're all bloody wizards!" she yelled. "Bloody well wizz!" ;)

Speaking of which, I thought google must be kidding me when it gave me results for something called "Wizz Air" -- but it's apparently a Hungarian low-cost airline, similar to RyanAir. No comment, your honour. :p

Aquells qui heu llegit "Guàrdies! Guàrdies!"... Heu trobat l'equivalent Omnià del venedor ambulant més famós d'Ankh-Morpork?
This (and the illustration) made me giggle so much. :mrgreen: I don't speak or read Catalan, but even I understood it :)

Botifarra en un pa! Vols ketchup? ;)

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Hello everyone! I've got news for Catalan fans :love:

Mai Més will publish "A life with footnotes" for Christmas (I wasn't expecting this at all, but I'm so happy!) and "The Amazing Maurice..." in January (as the animated film will be released).

Moreover... they revealed the new cover for "Good Omens" (!!!). What do you think?

Mx

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
So many references to things in the book! :mrgreen: Aziraphale's cup-of-tea, Crowley's cocktail glass, the four horsemen...!

The depiction of Aziraphale and Crowley themselves definitely owes a debt to the film, though. (They look a lot like Michael Sheen and David Tennant in the film). ;)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
They are indeed! I'm reading the book (in English) at the moment.

I found the story of Terry standing next to Arthur C Clarke at a urinal during a convention, was funny as the same thing happened to me when I stood next to Terry at a urinal at a convention.

User Menu

Newsletter