DW27

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Bigash! I have no idea how rare it is - I've got one myself though. I expect our member, The Mad Collector will have an idea. :)

Welcome to the site.

Bigash

Jul 28, 2011
Thank you Tonyblack,i hope i have got it right and had a wise buy,i wont tell just yet what i paid but it was very cheap.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Hmm, well I could say £50 and offer you that but that wouldn't be right. Detritus is really rare, less than 50 are know to exist and it's one of the few Clarecraft figures I don't have :cry: although I do have the matching figure of Ruby.

Frankly they are both pretty awful and Terry went ballistic when he found they had been put on sale without his permission. A realistic price nowadays is about £200 to £250, they used to go higher but the market has fallen in the last few years. Check for damage though. The flowers are often chipped and unless it's perfect with a tent card and box it won't make as much.

Bigash

Jul 28, 2011
Mad Collector,Thanks for that,looks like i did not do to badly then,i have just paid £33,perfect condition but no box or tent card.slowly getting there with the entire collection but still away to go.

Ashley.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Mad Collector said:
Tony or Bigash,

Would either of you mind posting a picture of your DW27s as the only picture I have seen is the one in the catalogue and it's pretty small.

thanks
Actually, now I've seen your Ruby, I'm not sure my Detritus is DW27, but I'll dig it out and have a look. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Mad Collector said:
Looks good Tony. Nice to see you have Teppic, not many people bought that one as it doesn't look like many readers vision as to what he looked like :)
I wondered that about Teppic. He looks nothing like I imagined either. :laugh:

To be honest, I got excited when the figures first came out, but that quickly changed to disappointment when I saw them. I've never liked the figures, but family members bought them for me for Christmas and birthdays. I tried to get enthusiastic and joined the Collectors' Guild, but that ended up being just so I could get the plaques - which I did kind of like. I also quite like the UU keys - but that was a collectors' Guild item as well.

User Menu

Newsletter