DWCon Update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Met Jan, Dotsie, WWD, Sjoerd and Granny Weatherwax and we've been drinking until 7:00.

Here's Jan; Hotdesking here in the 'Business Centre' - no seamstresses around just now but we've seen Rosie Palm knocking around abit - Beth looks resplendent in her red and black corset with ribbony bits. Granny' s been a bit over excited too - she brought 'You; with her as well though :laugh:

Back to pooh

We were sitting 5 metres away from TP so got photos of us with him in the background. I gave him some shredded squid from Japan :laugh: and does Dotsie have a story to tell you about his phone, or what! :eek:

Got my "I shall wear midnight" proof from Rob because of Transworld's "intellectual piracy" by stealing MY Discworld Cup game. :laugh:

The breakfast buffet is brill! Real sausages and bacon!! :p

That's about all for now. Time for some serious drinking and then bed time stories with Rob & Terry.

Everyone bought lots of goodies from the goodie shops.

Th-th-th-that's all folks! :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
...and here's Dotsie and Sjoerd;

Hi all! Dotsie masquerading as pooh (because I don't actually know my password, so this is easier). OK, the phone story, which pooh is dying for me to tell, as he also has a staring role in it -

Me & pooh were heading into the bar for a drink yesterday, so we decided to sit at the next table to Terry to bask in his reflected glory. But as we waited at the bar, he left with entourage in tow. OK, we think, we'll sit at the table he was at. But as we got to it, there was a phone sitting on the chair that Terry had been sitting in! Terry's phone!!! Aargh! Well, I saw it first, but pooh was a bit quicker, so I had to wrestle him for it & make him squeal. No problems there. But then we had to find the man, so off we ran (pooh was limping a bit), shouting "Sir Terry! Sir Terry!" We caught up with him & I handed over the phone, giggling and gasping like an idiot, and as he took it he touched my hand a bit. Eek! So as a reward he touched my hand a bit more, and I haven't washed it since. Photos will be available of the hand later (all grubby-looking).

Anyway, hogging the computer a bit, so I'll hand over to Sjoerd (also hotdesking, and looking over my shoulder impatiently). Bye! Dotsie x

I haven t as much to say ;) I arrived late afternoon finding Dotsie, Pooh, Jan and Dug in the bar. We played a game of werewolf later and I won!!!!! First game I won ever :p For bedtime Rob read us a bit out of Terry s next novel Snuff, it was great!!!! Today we got our books signed and I gave Terry (and Rob) some stroopwafels. Rob seemed to enjoy them ;)

That's all for now!
Sjoerd :laugh:

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
You are all having a great time. What a hoot Sir Terry left his phone behind Dotsie & you got to talk to him. He could have bought you a drink for giving it back to him though. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
Now the funny thing is, I thought the Maquerade was a meal where everybody dressed up, but you had to register. I registered and the next day found that I in fact, had to stand up on stage and do a little skit for a minute or two. :eek: So I improvised. :laugh:

Gloob of Thannook story telling, Charity auction (just been to the airport to change a wad of Yen), and Gala din dins today. :p

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
As this hasn't been mentioned before (I don't think), I'll mention it now.

TP is not actually signing books!

Yesterday we all lined up to get two books signed and what happens is that Rob (what a really nice guy he is! :p ) first prints a donut shaped stamp on your book sayig this is "the genuine thumbprint of Sir Terry Pratchett OBE" and then TP sticks his red inked thumb print in the centre.

I think it's a really good idea! :laugh:

PS Oh! And I've got a present for Bikkit, so if Bikkit pms me her address, I'll send it to her! :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter