DWCon Update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Aug 16, 2009
bit.ly
Sjoerd3000 said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/115201887213650105084/DWCon2010?feat=directlink

Not a lot of pictures but I'm sure some more will show up ;)
Wonderful photos of Lynall's silverware signpost, and my 'Glorious 25th of May'. [I know how hard it is to photograph MY work!]
Cheers Sjoerd. ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
My body feels like it's gone several rounds in the ring with Mike Tyson and my mind is currently considering the advisability of yet another nap as I was averaging around 3 hours 'proper' sleep a night throughout (as opposed to being alcoholically unconscious :p ).

More tales to come of course but this is a thread for what happened there and not my journey home (that is going in the Frustration thread :devil: :laugh: )

Will be posting what pics I have shortly but I'm still in pyjamas and haven't unpacked yet. Back with the good stuff in a few hours. :laugh:

Bouncy - I came back with a couple of hundred leaflets but about half of yours did get taken and the rest we can use in other places so thanks once more :laugh:

Jul 20, 2009
Lelystad, The Netherlands
keith_art said:
Sjoerd3000 said:
http://picasaweb.google.com/115201887213650105084/DWCon2010?feat=directlink

Not a lot of pictures but I'm sure some more will show up ;)
Wonderful photos of Lynall's silverware signpost, and my 'Glorious 25th of May'. [I know how hard it is to photograph MY work!]
Cheers Sjoerd. ;)
Thanks Keith! :laugh:

edit: I actually forgot to include this picture of you sitting behind your masterpiece ;)

Aug 16, 2009
bit.ly
The Mad Collector said:
Hmmm, it probably isn't for sale but I did admire it a lot at the con.
Well.... er.......actually......it..does....have a price, a big price, a very big price, in fact its so big, that youre not going to like it [pm me if you don't believe me]. In fact you'll need a team of Igors standing by when you hear how mind bogglingly big it is.

[p.s. is the collective pronoun for Igors, 'a team'? I think it should be something more graphically medical, don't you?]

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
If anyone's interested, here's my Maskerade performance: 8)

(Walks on stage not looking at the audience)

"BOO! The fifth surprise.

I'd like to read some quotations from the Way of Mrs Comopolite.

You're never too old to learn, but you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Why keep a dog and bark yourself? Barking dogs seldom bite, but once bitten, twice shy.
No pain, no gain. It'll look better in the morning for time is a great healer. That which doesn't kill us makes us strong
BUT IT WON'T GET BETTER IF YOU PICK IT!

So let sleeping dogs lie, for every dog has his day, and never bite the hand that feeds, because there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Enough is enough. Fine words butter no parsnips. You can have too much of a good thing. Time and tide wait for no man. Out of sight, out of mind. All's well that ends well.

Namaste."

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
That's what I said! Some excuse about not having enough hands (or even a broom). So how come pooh you were the only one without a radio mike? A wise choice (even if you were just avoiding the broom question ;) ), since the sound quality was often poor.

User Menu

Newsletter