fan-made fake teaser for Howl's Moving Castle

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Spanish fans made a book-canonical live-action trailer for Howl's Moving Castle.
It's almost perfect. If only she had the canonical red hair and he was blond,
it would be even better.
The dialogue is in Spanish, but if like me, you are monolingual in English but you
know the book, it's not hard to understand. [Also, if you open the transcript by
clicking on the three little dots, the transcript is in English!]

Howl's Moving Castle fan-made teaser

2:05 minutes.

Last edited:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Wow! It looks great. I really must give the book another chance. I know that the first time I read it I was being too critical based on the Studio Ghibli version.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I read the book based on =Tamar's recommendation I think, and really enjoyed it. I didn't know there was a Studio Ghibli version.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Be warned, the Ghibli version has major changes. The story is recognizable, and the anime is enjoyable in its own right, but don't expect the same nuances.

I wish a live action version done right would happen, but given the usual results, I'm happy to settle for fan "trailers".

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
There's an older fan trailer that is good, too. It was blocked for music copyright reasons and was recently re-posted with replacement music. This is the more usual sort, made with clips from several different films. I like it because among other things it has a blond Howl and a red-haired Sophie.

Howl's Moving Castle fan-made trailer

User Menu

Newsletter