For those into a bit of Rock

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I do hope this will be shown in the UK.
DIO: DREAMERS NEVER DIE
1648327974136.png

If you love fantasy, there's a good chance that you love the magical metal lyrics of the late, great, Ronnie James Dio. If the two go hand-in-hand for you, be on the lookout for this documentary that chronicles Dio's rise through the hard rock scene of the 1970s on his way to becoming one of the great metal gods of the 1980s and beyond. It's a loving, even inspiring, look at a guy who was a nerd for swords and dragons just like the rest of us.

Dio: Dreamers Never Die arrives in theaters September 1.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sad to say I'm not aware of this band. I was into Prog Rock in the 70s and was too much into bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, ELP and early Genesis.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Sad to say I'm not aware of this band. I was into Prog Rock in the 70s and was too much into bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, ELP and early Genesis.
In addition to being solo, he was also the frontman for Black Sabbath and Rainbow. If you're into Prog Rock, Tony, I think you would enjoy his work; he's quite rightly considered one of the greatest male vocalists. :)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Actually, my reference works better. Why? I suspected this, but according to the wiki, Dio Brando was actually named partly for Ronnie James Dio. Hirohiko Araki had a habit of naming characters and their powers after musicians and music groups, and they've had to change some of them for the translations. Of course, sometimes, they let some go. There's a character called Esidisi, named for AC/DC...

User Menu

Newsletter