fun book could I read for a class of playgroup children

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

pueliala

Sep 19, 2013
What fun book could I read for a class of playgroup children? So I have work experience coming up, I am going to a pre school/playgroup. And I am going to do story time there. What book would you reccomend for me to read to children at the age of about 5 years old? What is a fun, and lively book with lots of pictures that children would love and keep them interested? thanks! also, how should I say it/read it, I don't want to come across pationising but then again I don't want to sound boring and not fun?

Grymm

Constable
Dec 4, 2009
Chilterns
Sir Charlie Stinky Socks and the Really Big Adventure

Once upon a time, there was a deep, dark forest, where monstrous trees groaned, terrible beasties moaned and wigglywoos waited to tickle your toes. Nobody ever went there until…

http://www.sircharliestinkysocks.co.uk/

Really good series of books (6 so far) very rhythmic writing, lots of opportunitys for silly voices, big foldy out flaps, good illustrations. They come highly recommended by my 6 yr old who, although he's reading stuff like Fergus Crane & Barnaby Grimes now, still loves to dip back into them and even asked for no.6 for his 7th birthday

User Menu

Newsletter