Getting a signed book in 2020

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

lebagage74

Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

After a brief conversation with myself (or is it with this duck stuck on my head?? Anyway!), I have decided to get a signed book of TP for my birthday.
Do you guys have any advice for this "quest"?
Where to look for it?
How is considered https://www.abebooks.com ?
How to spot a fake one?
If possible I would prefer not to spend several thousand €/£/$ for it...
In older threads It was said "that we could get signed paperbacks. There's some on PJSM Prints ".
Unfortunately It doesn't seems to be the case anymore..

Discworld.com has books "embossed with Terry's signature" - it's as close to official as you may get. I have no idea if they have any with actual signatures in place any more (although, of course, they used to sell those too).

Otherwise, second hand is your only option - and whether that be AbeBooks or EBay, you can be sure that people selling signed books there are going to want a lot of money for them.

Lucking over one in a charity shop is maybe the cheapest way :laugh:

(As for my signed books - I think I got Terry to sign maybe 15-20 of them back in the 90s? - they're staying in my collection)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sigh ... I only have one or two of TP's signed books, I think. I shall treasure them, and since I have no family of my own, I shall pass them on to my niece and nephews. :(

(And I shall treasure them, and hug them and kiss them, and call them George) :mrgreen:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Hi everyone,

After a brief conversation with myself (or is it with this duck stuck on my head?? Anyway!), I have decided to get a signed book of TP for my birthday.
Do you guys have any advice for this "quest"?
Where to look for it?
How is considered https://www.abebooks.com ?
How to spot a fake one?
If possible I would prefer not to spend several thousand €/£/$ for it...
In older threads It was said "that we could get signed paperbacks. There's some on PJSM Prints ".
Unfortunately It doesn't seems to be the case anymore..
Is it a paperback one or a Hardback that you prefer.
I have been using this bookseller seller for years only genuine signatures sold. Email and ask Brian if he has a signed book he is very helpful.

This is the embossed stamp used from Discworld.com

lebagage74

Sep 2, 2020
A big thanks for all your responses. :)

Discworld.com has books "embossed with Terry's signature" - it's as close to official as you may get. I have no idea if they have any with actual signatures in place any more (although, of course, they used to sell those too).
I have not found anything.
In their FAQ it say's : "Are all your books signed by the late Terry Pratchett?
Sadly no longer, we only have a very small supply of signed items left. All new titles are now embossed with Terry’s signature stamp.".
I emailed them to find out which items remain ...

the french signed copies are ridiculously cheap right now
https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/...hett&sgnd=on&sortby=17&cm_sp=pan-_-srp-_-sgnd
but the english signed copies you'd be lucky to get under £40
Yes but those are signed by Paul Kidby.

https://www.goldsborobooks.com/category/sci-fi-fantasy
Goldsboro have a few from around the 150 quid mark, not cheap but will be immaculate condition and they are as reputable as they come.
I have managed to build up a few over the years and its great to have them.if your heart isn't 100% on a book I think Discworld.com have signed art prints of characters
Is it a paperback one or a Hardback that you prefer.
I have been using this bookseller seller for years only genuine signatures sold. Email and ask Brian if he has a signed book he is very helpful.

Both websites added to my bookmarks ;)

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Of Mice and Men, actually.
Oops!!! :eek: Sorry, my mistake. (I haven't read that one since high school, which was many years ago now).

At least I still remembered it was some book by Steinbeck, even if I didn't remember which.

How about these ...

The Crepes of Wrath. (Or, since we're talking about ducks ... Angry Crepes)? ;)

Should I rename the Thread
"Duck : Everything you should know about Palmiped"? :mrgreen:

Well, they're cute enough. But don't get them angry. Or they might throw a bomb through your window.

On the plus side, at least they can't do authentic frontier gibberish! :)

User Menu

Newsletter