Good Omens.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Oct 19, 2009
Witch from Lancre said:
Gillingham did get his hands onto this fabulous book but every year there was a reason he didn't make the film. Thankfully, after all these wasted years TP has it back in his hands and he was dropping hints about it being made a few years ago when he got it back but I haven't heard a word about this since.

This report was in 2002 http://www.smart.co.uk/dreams/gofact.htm

Does anybody know what happened to the big production of Wee Free Men that was being made in the US. The film was cast and ready to start being filmed but along came all the strikes and again I haven't heard any more about it.

The cast has now vanished from this 2006 site http://www.themovieinsider.com/m3264/wee-free-men/
There is still a listing for Wee Free Men on imdb.com with a 2010 release date, but you have to be a pro member in order to see any details. Is that just a throw back to the Sam Raimi version?

Oct 10, 2009
italy-genova
I liked Good Omens, my first Gaiman book, and I fear what a movie could do to it... :rolleyes:
And just to go off topic again, how many movies they made from TP's work? I watched the colour of magic with an English Twoflower (!?!), but only because my friend Alisa took it from the internet... It's not sold in Italy.. :devil:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
CrysaniaMajere said:
I liked Good Omens, my first Gaiman book, and I fear what a movie could do to it... :rolleyes:
And just to go off topic again, how many movies they made from TP's work? I watched the colour of magic with an English Twoflower (!?!), but only because my friend Alisa took it from the internet... It's not sold in Italy.. :devil:
Hogfather was the first, the next one is Going Postal, will be shown on Sky1 at Christmas this year,You can order the Dvd's from PJSM Prints link to their website www.paulkidby.com.

Taliesin

Lance-Constable
Oct 28, 2009
I loved GO one of my favourite's of Terry's (and therefore one of my favourites full stop), I must say I couldn't detect any Gaiman in there. I've read all of the Sandman which I adored and Coraline which was very good and genuinely unsettling, but Neverwhere was rubbish; some good ideas, a fair few bad ones and dreadful prose. I find his atual writing really flat and uninspiring. I'm not inclined to read any more o his adult novels after that.

I'd hate to see any of Terry's books turned into a film, I just think they'd be violated. I saw about 5 mins of Hogfather and turned it off, it simply didn't live up to the way I'd imagined it and I didn't want to have the book spoilt for me.

Phoenix

Lance-Corporal
Oct 4, 2009
Hampshire, England
I think films based on any book will have problems because every fan will imagine things in different ways. I don't think I've ever seen a film that's matched the picture I've had in my head from reading the book. Although this is the case for the DW films I've seen, I think they maintained the story and feel of the books reasonably well :)

I'm a fan of Good Omens myself :laugh: It was my first Neil Gaiman book too and I can see how the two writing styles blend and I think it works really well :) But then, as a fan of TP it's unlikely I wouldn't have enjoyed it!

User Menu

Newsletter