GRRR Martin blog

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sounds familiar. ;) I didn't get any screen fatigue last night, because I had no time for the screen. I had a late-night rehearsal in the city, which finished early (about 9 pm) before I had to somehow get home.

Usually that'd mean catching two trains and a 10-15 minute walk. No problem, be home by 9:45 or so.

But last night all trains on my line were replaced by buses. *groan* Cue the fact that the train to get to the bus was 3 minutes late -- and in those 3 minutes the bus had gone -- and the next bus wouldn't be around for 20 minutes -- and it was freezing (it's winter here) ... uggggggghhhhh.

So, I walked down to the next intersection and waited 10 minutes for a tram. This particular tram is usually very slow because the street it runs on is a heavy-traffic one, but at 10 pm there was hardly any traffic. Hooray, first good news of the night. So I got home by 10:20 ... instead of 9:45, but hey - I was glad to get home at all. =) Obviously I was exhausted, so after putting on the electric blanket, I watched a bit of late-night movie (Robocop 1, I think) to let the bed warm up, and went to bed about 11:00 pm.

I wish I could say this sort of thing was unusual, but it's been happening to me for the last 3 Tuesdays. Groan. I hate public transport ... >:-(

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Not quite as cold as anywhere in the UK, Dug. ;) But very cold - early mornings and late nights can drop down to about 3-4 degrees C (just below 40 F). If you couple that with the windchill factor (and I live not far from the sea, so we get cold winds coming from the Antarctic), the real temperature can be close to 0 C (32 F).

Granted, it's not like Siberia (no minuses here), but still damn cold.

Daytime temperatures vary between 10 and 15 C (50-59 F). Occasionally we get 16 or 17 C (about 60 F), which is a heatwave for our winters. ;)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
What I'd love is for whatever lore bible George RR Martin wrote for Elden Ring to be published. Soulsborne games often have very vague lore, so I'm curious as to what Martin actually wrote for the backstory.

User Menu

Newsletter