IDWCon 2013 (Limerick) website now open

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Looks good. I was planning on taking a couple of weeks vacation and having a little leisurely tour of Ireland, something I wouldn't be able to do from the air. (Having seen airport baggage handlers in action I don't think I would trust them with my camera gear either.) I might change my mind nearer the time, however. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
It's close to Shannon Airport and as it's a bigger hotel chain (the other place is a family business still) they have more conferencing facilities - with free broadband wi-fi! :laugh: Limerick's less out of the way as well so easier to get to by road etc

Reading between the lines I think the Falls Hotel was getting too expensive and it's not ideal for wheelchair users (Hypatia was not too chuffed with her room which was a long way from all the main events).

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Great location just outside what we affectionately call stab city in ireland. Limerick is the gangster capital of the country and has the highest crime rate in ireland.
It'll be grand though :laugh:

Leonardo

Nov 27, 2012
I am interested in going, and it sounds like a great time, but I will not know if I will be able to go for a couple months as I have to make sure other plans do not end up happening before I can commit to this. Does anyone know what the registration window is, and when the last day I can register is? Also, I really like the format of the IDWCon website, and I would like to know what Web Hosting you guys are using. I have been shopping around for new web hosting for my personal blog. Any info would be great. Thanks!

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Hi Leonardo

IDWCon website said:
Membership
1. Buying membership allows you entry to the Irish Discworld Convention 2013. Your Badge will be provided on entry to the hotel at Registration. Your Badge allows entry to all but a few select events listed below. These selected events may be changed or altered prior to the event.

2. Failure to show your membership badge, or specified ticket, during the weekend will mean refusal to events.

3. The Irish Discworld Convention will provide your membership badge on entry to the convention. A reprinted badge will incur a fee.

4. The Irish Discworld Convention reserves the right to refuse admission.

5. Memberships are sold as non-refundable. Re-sales are at the discretion of the Irish Discworld Convention and will only be allowed up to 28 days before the Convention.
They haven't updated the site for a good while, but I think they'll be more active from around Easter next year. The membership deal normally seems to run down about 6 - 8 weeks prior to the convention, although the hotel deal may run about before that depending on take up, but they will offer 'returns' as stated in 5 above and you can sometimes pick up membership if you do a deal with the ticket holder direct provided you have something to say they've transferred it to you but that's something they'll announce nearer the time - they're reasonably good at eventually getting back to you via the website contact page ;)

User Menu

Newsletter