Interesting review from TOR.COM Newsletter -the Watch

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yyyyyyyyy ... OK. Why-oh-why does everything in "The Watch" have to be about "wokeness" - e.g. Angua must be a lesbian, Cheery must be transgender, Dibbler must be disabled etc. etc.?

That's not Discworld -- that's somebody's fan-fiction version of what Discworld should be -- and "could/should/would" has never been part of reality. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, re: the watch forming a band ... and using music to defeat the dragon? o_O Now I need the brain bleach to get that image out of my head. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Yyyyyyyyy ... OK. Why-oh-why does everything in "The Watch" have to be about "wokeness" - e.g. Angua must be a lesbian, Cheery must be transgender, Dibbler must be disabled etc. etc.?

That's not Discworld -- that's somebody's fan-fiction version of what Discworld should be -- and "could/should/would" has never been part of reality. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, re: the watch forming a band ... and using music to defeat the dragon? o_O Now I need the brain bleach to get that image out of my head. Thanks. :rolleyes:
Snowflake director!!!!!!

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Omgggg the more I read about this show the more horrified I am... Rath, pass the bleach when you're done... I'll need it for my eyes, too. o_O

P.S. Why on earth is Dibbler a disabled person?? His name references a rare type of nimble mouse, and in Spanish his name was actually translated as "Slippery", someone who runs a lot and suddenly disappears. How is he going to do that on a wheelchair?????

User Menu

Newsletter