NADWCon 2013 - Maskerade

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RSoak

Constable
Oct 8, 2012
Frisco, TX
For all those attending this year in Bal'mer, I'm planning a Maskerade skit. It requires a few more players, 3 to be exact - 2 female, 1 male. Costumes won't be overly elaborate as it's more skit based than costume based.

Please pm me if you are interested. Thanks!

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Skits get 30 seconds to 1 minute; if more than 5 people are involved, they may get up to 2 minutes. Based, they say, on the ability of TV commercials to hint a story in that little time.
I think somebody got bored at the last masquerade they attended. There will be "entertainment" (i.e., skits) during the Gala Banquet, which costs $88.00 a plate. Ye gods. A decent mid-level restaurant will serve me a meal for $15.00. I have found motels that charged less than $88 for a night's lodging. Are they hiring professional actors or something?

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
=Tamar said:
Skits get 30 seconds to 1 minute; if more than 5 people are involved, they may get up to 2 minutes. Based, they say, on the ability of TV commercials to hint a story in that little time.
I think somebody got bored at the last masquerade they attended. There will be "entertainment" (i.e., skits) during the Gala Banquet, which costs $88.00 a plate. Ye gods. A decent mid-level restaurant will serve me a meal for $15.00. I have found motels that charged less than $88 for a night's lodging. Are they hiring professional actors or something?
I was hoping for music and dancing.

RSoak

Constable
Oct 8, 2012
Frisco, TX
=Tamar said:
With all due respect, to me even if the food is only worth $15, then the company will easily make up the other $73.

Bouncy - go find your own! ;) Or at least wait until he's done with the skit!

RSoak

Constable
Oct 8, 2012
Frisco, TX
You!

Yes you! That's right!

Never been in a Maskerade? Want to but don't have a good idea or don't want to be in the spotlight alone?

Then this is the gig for you! Be a part of a fast paced, friendly team that's gonna knock some socks off and it's totally 100% free!*! Hurry up, this opportunity won't last long!!

* except for however much it costs.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I've seen Mr. Soak in two Maskerades. If you're going to the con and think you even might want to be in the show, you will not be disappointed jumping in with this group! Fun group and I know they'll do a great job. Can't wait to see it! :laugh:

RSoak

Constable
Oct 8, 2012
Frisco, TX
Tonyblack said:
Have you thought of posting about it in the Discworld Monthly letters section? :)
Tony,

I've got it here, the Artificer's, a couple DW FB pages and the NADWCon forum itself, but I'm not familiar with the section you're talking about.

User Menu

Newsletter