NADWCon 2013 Merchandise now available!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

NADWCon2013

Lance-Constable
Aug 7, 2012
Come one, come all to the magnificent merchandise shop! We have some fabulous designs, unique to NADWCon 2013, available to buy now and collect at the convention. The most spectacular of all, the tourist neccessity, the Hawaiian shirt! With hula dancing feegles this shirt really is one of a kind! You'll find apparel for all, with ladies fitted tees and youth tees too! Visit our shop today: https://www.nadwcon.org/merch

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Why, oh why, did the Hawaiian shirt have to be orange? My friend who loves Hawaiian shirts hates orange, and so do I.
Couldn't you have an alternate color choice?

NADWCon2013

Lance-Constable
Aug 7, 2012
Unfortunately because we have to have the fabric printed to make these shirts, we had to make the judgement call on which color worked best with the design in order to keep the cost low for members.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Very fun! :laugh: I love the Tiki-fied Death. Orange is a very typical Hawaiian shirt color, although I can understand the problem if it's not quite your thing. It can be a hard color to pull off. I think I'll have to get a peek at one in person before deciding to buy. But what an amazing, unique thing to offer, thanks! :laugh:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
NADWCon2013 said:
Unfortunately because we have to have the fabric printed to make these shirts, we had to make the judgement call on which color worked best with the design in order to keep the cost low for members.
What's the fabric? Hawaiian shirts are usually rayon, which theoretically takes dye well. Is there a way to get a swatch so I can test overdying possibilities? If I could overdye it, even if I had to use brown or black, it might take the curse off.

NADWCon2013

Lance-Constable
Aug 7, 2012
The fabric is preshrunk 100% cotton. We don't have any swatches as the material has to be printed all in one go once we place the order for the shirts. This is why they are pre-order only. Hope this helps!

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
NADWCon2013 said:
designs, unique to NADWCon 2013, available to buy now and collect at the convention.... Visit our shop today: https://www.nadwcon.org/merch
Looking at the Cart, I notice it says to BILL TO (fill in address). Does that mean that I could order a shirt and receive an actual bill in the snail mail, and pay by (presumably) check or money order? If so, that increases the chance that I would buy something by, well, dozens, since I don't buy things online.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Who's Wee Dug said:
No! that is for the credit card addressee you or whoever,and if you don't order online how do you expect to pay for it. o_O
Sorry I misspoke; what I meant to say was that I don't use the Internet to pay for things. It used to be that people would accept a money order and I could order things online and snail mail the payment. Nowadays they all want me to use Paypal or the equivalent, so I hardly ever buy things online any more. I had hoped that there would be a backup system for those of us who have read all those warnings and reports of thousands of credit cards and Paypal accounts being hacked, but apparently not. Looks like I won't be buying any NADWCon merchandise after all.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
You can get payment cards that can only be used once with a pre-determined number for a transaction, and you are covered by your credit card issuer from any fraudulent online usage should it be cloned or hacked, as long as you see an https in your browser line its secure. :)

User Menu

Newsletter