NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
A

Anonymous

I really hope I can save up enough to actually go to it this time - and not volunteer for *anything*!

Should the tag line be 'wander' or 'wonder' though? Is it a pune on wandering around?

K

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I registered and booked the hotel for the 2011 one but left it too late to get a resonably price flight, when it topped £1100 for the airfare I cancelled it all. :cry: hotel is a bit pricey at £95 +tax so I will wait and see before I commit myself again,pity Boston did not win it's a lot easier to get to direct flight.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Baltimore is really no distance from such places as New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC, Dug. Only a couple of hundred miles from the furthest and there's plenty of public transport between. :)

Look at flights to Newark, or Philadelphia. I have a non-driving friend who went to the US for the first time to visit friends in Baltimore. She landed at Philly and had no trouble at all getting to Baltimore and New York.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Find someone to room with to bring the hotel cost down. I was hoping the hotel would have a shuttle from the airport, but it looks like we're on our own for transportation. Maybe people can coordinate if they're arriving close together and share transport.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Tonyblack said:
Baltimore is really no distance from such places as New York, Philadelphia and Washington DC, Dug. Only a couple of hundred miles from the furthest and there's plenty of public transport between. :)

Look at flights to Newark, or Philadelphia. I have a non-driving friend who went to the US for the first time to visit friends in Baltimore. She landed at Philly and had no trouble at all getting to Baltimore and New York.
That means 3 flights in one day for me from here Tony. :rolleyes:
@ Catch up it's the flight costs that bother me more. :think:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Yes, I can definitely understand the flight costs being the bigger worry from your perspective Dug! Could you get a direct flight into one of the other nearby airports mentioned on the site, then share transport with others flying over? Of course, that's assuming you can coordinate your flights with enough other people.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Tonyblack said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
That depends on the airlines who fly from there as there is one I would not set foot again for long haul.
That one is United. But you can fly to Philly with US Airlines from there. :)
No it's American Airlines Tony, a more unhelpful,unfriendly bunch of arseholes would be hard to find it was my misfortune to fly to Boston with AA I did not book it with them but they were a co-share. :devil:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I've only flown with AA when all the BA flights got disrupted a few years back and the flight to Phoenix got cancelled. I was able to fly with BA to San Francisco and transferred to AA to Phoenix. United are pretty good and I've flown with them quite often. Never flown with US Airways though. o_O

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I didn't think American Airlines existed anymore! You must have a few others to choose from?

I was just having a look around the site. Lots of interesting info there already! Lots of things to do close by. I would love to go to the cliffs and fossil hunt, but it looks like that's about an hour and a half from the hotel. I'm definitely going to try to get in at least a couple of days early to do some stuff and see the fireworks. Looks like another place with lots of fabulous restaurants around. There's a Ruth Chris! Great steak house. Also noticed tapas and sushi restaurants. There's a mention of pre-convention tours being offered. Looking forward to finding out what they are. :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Yes but I'm careful not to be lumbered with then again, they still fly out of Heathrow and if they are going out of business GOOD. :twisted: Virgin fly into Dulles but I will need to wait until later this year to see what their fares cost, and there are flights from Glasgow with United to BWI I will have to ask a friend of mine who lives in Silver Springs what they are like as he comes to Cons in the UK. :mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter