NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Are any of you folks seriously planning on going?

I'm thinking...thinking...thinking about it. I could conceivably drive from Boston, but it's about 8 hours through the worst driving corridor (I-95) in America. Also, it being around the July 4th weekend means that traffic and crowdedness if going to be abysmal...particularly i you're going through Washington DC.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
raisindot said:
Are any of you folks seriously planning on going?

I'm thinking...thinking...thinking about it. I could conceivably drive from Boston, but it's about 8 hours through the worst driving corridor (I-95) in America. Also, it being around the July 4th weekend means that traffic and crowdedness if going to be abysmal...particularly i you're going through Washington DC.
For whatever it's worth, I am definitely planning on being there. Lots of people came from overseas for the first two. You should really consider coming, everyone is so nice and you will have a wonderful time!

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Bouncy Castle said:
Who's Wee Dug said:
It would be easier to fly to London Bouncy, as the Manchester airport is on the outskirts I have flown into that once from London.
Ahh.

What's the flight time from Glasgae tae Lunnon?
Don't know as I fly from Edinburgh Bouncy, as I'm only 20 Mins away from it by train, but I think it should be about the same just over an hour depending how long you have to circle at Heathrow.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Catch-up said:
Find someone to room with to bring the hotel cost down.
That's a very good idea. It's $154 a night for singles and $174 for double occupancy. If I do go (and I'm leaning very much toward coming in on the 5th and leaving very late on the 7th) I'd be happy to bunk up with either a U.S. or 'fereign' forum member. I am reasonably housebroken. :laugh:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
So glad to hear you're thinking of going! :laugh: Last year I didn't know if I would be able to get someone to room with. The person I shared a room with at the 2009 con wasn't able to make the one in 2011. When I bought my membership I went ahead and booked a room with two double beds. I figured if I couldn't find someone to room with, I'd just switch to a room with a king bed. But I ended up rooming with someone from the CA forum and it worked out great! :laugh: I'm going to be lucky enough to room with her again this year. So, book the room with 2 doubles and keep the word out that you're interested in sharing.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Couldn't afford it, plus crowds are not really my thang.

However, if money was no object, I'd very probably end up arrested in LA for stalking my favourite TV actor of the moment!!

User Menu

Newsletter