NADWcon 2013 site is up!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Catch-up said:
Makes sense! I'm hoping to get a good rate on airfare as well. I could drive there in a day, but it would be an awfully long drive.
How about Dug comes and stays with you for a couple of days, to get over the jetlag, then you can share the driving? :mrgreen:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Bouncy Castle said:
Catch-up said:
Makes sense! I'm hoping to get a good rate on airfare as well. I could drive there in a day, but it would be an awfully long drive.
How about Dug comes and stays with you for a couple of days, to get over the jetlag, then you can share the driving? :mrgreen:
Only if it's a bike Bouncy, never did get around to taking my driving test although I could drive as I had the lessons but things happened so I took as a sign I was not meant to have one. :)

Jan 13, 2012
South florida, US
www.youtube.com
Thinking about it. the price is kinda steep on my end (even if i were to go halfsies on a room). thats my main worry. But it is over a year away so i do have time to save.

Eitherway I'm not much for planning ahead. Things tend to happen if I get excited and make plans :laugh:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
raptornx01 said:
Thinking about it. the price is kinda steep on my end (even if i were to go halfsies on a room). thats my main worry. But it is over a year away so i do have time to save.

Eitherway I'm not much for planning ahead. Things tend to happen if I get excited and make plans :laugh:
Makes sense! Sometimes you just have to wait and see how things go.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
If you book things with a credit card, most of them have travel insurance that will cover certain circumstances. It's always good to find out what cancellation policies are. Hotels have a pretty liberal cancellation policy. With a group rate, you may need to give them more advance notice than usual. The membership can be sold if you can't go. The airfare is probably the trickiest, but most airlines will at least give you a credit, minus a change fee.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
For some reason, I didn't read the subject line clear enough and thought that the conference was happening this year.

Now that my brain has been knocked back into place and I see that I've got a whole year to save up for it, I definitely plan on going.

So, if anyone wants to share a room, let me know. I'm reasonably housebroken, don't snore all that much, and have been to Baltimore enough times that I can give you a full tour of its most noteworthy tourist attractions--which will take about eight minutes.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
So glad you're going! :laugh: Looking forward to meeting you. I know what you mean. Even though I know it's not until next year, my brain occasionally tries to pretend it's this year. Just wishful thinking on my part.

parricc

Jun 12, 2012
I really would like to go to NADWCon, but the cost is extremely high. Currently, I'm a 24-year-old college student and am really needing to save as much money as possible for tuition. I'm dual-majoring and also want to work towards a master's degree in English. Unfortunately, financial aid is not at all compatible with those goals. If I do go, I am going to need some help with a room. The airplane tickets alone would run over $400. Then room costs would be over $800 if I got one by myself. This may be the last chance I ever get to actually see Terry Pratchett. It would mean a lot to me. Discworld is one of my loves in life. If anyone is trustworthy and would like to split a room, please PM me. I do not drink or use any drugs and am also abstinent. I simply am needing some help with an affordable way to sleep. Spending over $800 in hotel costs is just not realistic for me. :( I will be able to help some with the room costs. I am also looking for some people that would like to socialize during the convention, as I do not know anyone else that is going. If you are interested in splitting a room, please let me know. For obvious reasons, I would like to get to know anyone willing to extend an offer better before making a decision. Thanks!!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi parricc and welcome. You don't mention if you are male or female (unless I missed it) and this could make a difference when it comes to room sharing.

I'm not going, but I wish you all the best in your quest. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter