NADWcon 2015 joining Worldcon

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

shivers

Lance-Constable
Jul 31, 2012
It's a shame that they won't have a full event but it's great that fans are willing to pull together, and I'm glad it's still around in some incarnation! :clap:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Cool! :laugh: Do these sell out? At what point do you have to seriously consider whether to hold a membership or not? I'm trying to get us ready for our family vacation, while also trying to get my ducks in a row for coming over for the Manchester con. If I have to do any planning for another trip at this point, I might have a breakdown. Would waiting until the end of the summer be too late?

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Yes I have known them go up for sale especially if you have it at a cheaper price or even not,I've not known of one selling out as there held in convention sites attached to the hotels which can hold thousands, I reckon between 5 or 6 thousand at least attending.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Who's Wee Dug said:
Yes I have known them go up for sale especially if you have it at a cheaper price or even not
Sometimes there is even a convention-run clearing house for resales of memberships. Some people buy memberships just to vote for the Hugo awards, others to be able to vote for the next site selection. Then they sell the actual "attending" part of the membership, which still gets you in for everything. Aside from banquets and clearly labeled special items like local tours, nothing costs extra. Five days, well-nigh 24 hour activity.

Who's Wee Dug said:
I've not known of one selling out as they're held in convention sites attached to the hotels which can hold thousands, I reckon between 5 or 6 thousand at least attending.
Correct. There's no limit on memberships. Lately, it's more likely to be closer to 3 thousand people actually on site. It's still advisable to make your reservations early and reconfirm them shortly before the con.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
I've just been contacted by an NADW organizer who wanted permission to use one of my pics of Lord Vetinari to make a life-sized standee for the DW Con Exhibit. Feeling very flattered by this and gave permission for free although I did ask for a pic when it is in place for my blog and website. :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Penfold said:
Like I say, I'm very flattered. I have also directed her to this forum (particularly to this thread) in case they want to do a little extra 'advertising' for the event. :laugh:
It's part of the Worldcon in Spokane Penners run in conjuction with it as they could not afford to put on a full blow con of there own, so to attend you need to buy a Worldcon membership to attend it then it's free for the DW part. :mrgreen:

User Menu

Newsletter