NADWCon pictures

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Papaballoon! :laugh:

I was very impressed with the sculptures, even if I'd not have been able to go near them if I'd been there. I don't know anyone else who has is balloon phobic. I'm just weird I guess. :laugh:

meerkat

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jan 16, 2010
Pocklington East Riding Yorkshire
Re: Balloons

Papaballoon said:
OK, I will fess up...I was the balloon guy. and to those of you who hate clowns...tht is why I am not one! my daughters are all afraid of clowns. So I simply concentrated on balloon art.
I am very glad you liked them. My work is like my children and grandchildren. If you like them, it makes me happy! If you don't, then you do not have any discernment or taste :laugh:

The best part of the whole weekend was when someone would come up and say, "Can you make.....?" and I had to try to please them. It did not always work...but I usually got close. The only trouble is that in my regular rounds of festivals and such, no one will ask for a Feegle, or The Great God OM holding on to the Eagle and getting his attention! You guys crack me up! And as a confirmed T-Pratchet fan, (I own every book in audio format) I was very pleased to find so many others who share my little mental illness!

the Turtle moves!
Papa Balloon

Thanks you guys, you were great!
Papa balloon, WELCOME WELCOME you clever man! Do stay around and treat us, I mean share with us, to some of your work!.

Jul 15, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Hello!

Hi guys (this generic "guy" meaning female guys as well) Thanks for your warm welcome. Sorry Tony is globophobic...some people are and I wish they wern't but that is simply the way things are sometimes. Wish I could help...but the world is not prefect.

The Discworld con was my first ever and i could only go because I talked to teh management and they provided me a piece of floor to sleep on (it was fine really) and great hospitality and a place to show off. i an a near terminal "approval junkie" As George Carlin once said of performers (including himself) "the name of htis game is "DIG me!" ok?" I saw twoflower and loved the Luggage and the iconograph. WHAT brllianT WORK! THAt was really amazing! I loved it! I posted some stuff on my facebook pages and on Balloon HQ if you look up artists and find papa Balloon they have a portfolio.

I was very impressedwith the work that went into all the costumes andgear at the NADWcon. It was really amazing, and finally, a place where someone gets my JOKES! My boss went Bursar on me the other day and nobody here KNEW what I meant! auuuugh! Try to explain the difference between a monkey and an Ape and you get blank looks!

finaly a place to rest a bit!

Papa B

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Hello!

Papaballoon said:
Sorry Tony is globophobic...some people are and I wish they wern't but that is simply the way things are sometimes. Wish I could help...but the world is not prefect.
There's a name for it? :eek:

Don't worry PapaB - it doesn't mean I can't appreciate your creations. :laugh:

Thanks PapaB!

I was equally impressed by your work, especially Death on a Motorcycle! Everytime I passed that thing I noticed another detail. Especially loved the eyes!

I had so little time there, and was so busy, that I missed alot of stuff, but your balloons were ubiquitous! Really unique stuff!

-Mike "Twoflower"

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Welcome to the Forum Papaballoon!

I wasn't at the con... but saw the pics of the balloons. Niiiice death on the bike!

My oldest daughter started making balloon animals at about age 7 or 8. She is now 24. We have had some great Christmas' and birthday parties with her teaching us how to do it around the table (kids and adults).

So far I have mastered "The long snake", "The flower that has had its head fall off and is just a stem", "The sword (without a hilt)", "The Big Sausage" and Tony's favourite.... "The Balloon That Goes Bang!"

Jul 15, 2011
Eastern Iowa
photos

Well, I made an attempt at placing a photo, but I am not bright ehough. So I decided that you may as well go to my facebook page and look there (Mark Garver) or (papaballoon and friends) my regular facebook account has more photos, including those that are cariacatures of friends and others. i was at a political gig a few weeks ago and did a couple of cariacatures of their guest. Those turned out OK. but my favorites are the huge pieces like the life size princesses and such. those are fun and a challenge! Fun though! and IMPACT??? wow.

I love playing the game of "stump the chump" which is whenever anyone asks for something different. Death of Rats was cool and so were the Feegles! I maybe should have done the toad too, but it did not occur to me at the convention. I was too overwhelmed by Pterry! I felt awfully bad for him! he looked fragile. and I really want him to be able to complete as many wonderful stories as he can. he is an incredably talented writer![/img]

User Menu

Newsletter