NADWcon2017

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Carol when I lived in London it was in a nice green leafy suburb, they had a jazz week in the park in summer the first day was R&B all the rest was jazz of all types, it was everywhere in the majority of pubs just like that other abomination unto Nuggan called football or soccer across the pond, nothing keeps me away if either of them are playing. I don't mind a little Dixieland but only a little mind, I could not put up with it being everywhere so I'm hoping San Jose wins :pray: the 2018 Worldcon bid as New Orleans is the other bid going against it, and I am going to miss not going to the States and Worldcon this year. :(

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
That is so exciting Rath! I can't wait to hear about it and please share some pictures! Phalarope and I went over together for the 2014 DWcon (how can that have been two years ago already??). I had originally planned to take a day or two in London, but didn't make it. Not that I'm complaining! We had such a wonderful time and saw so much.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
RathDarkblade said:
I cannot be there, alas. I will be traveling to London next year. :) I have never seen London, and I wish to see it ;)
Although I live on the coast, I am only 1½ hours away from London by train. I would be more than happy to come up and show you around a few places. (You'll have to put up with me stopping to take photos though.)

User Menu

Newsletter