Nanny Ogg's cooking book

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Followed the link...ah...the infamous Montys :mrgreen: that chocolate might be even more wavy thin :devil:
Anyway, I could imagine a quite fitting round world version of the Wow Wow Sauce like that:
Apple vinegar
Pickled cucumber
Capers
Mango
Figs
Hot mustard
Durian fruit (Earths pendant to the wahoonie, I think)
Piri piri or any other REAL hot chili pepper;)
Nitratesalt
Worchestersauce
Garlic

Might be tasty, huh?
You might want Wasabi Japanese very hot green sauce added.:mrgreen:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I nearly got in trouble at a Chinese buffet in a restaurant in the Netherlands. I very nearly spooned, what I thought was pistachio sauce onto my ice cream. Luckily I spotted that it was actually wasabi sauce.

Katinka Koschka

Lance-Constable
Jan 5, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Well, yea, I read about that. I would be quite curious about the difference.
I made some Rincewind Cake today for lunch but next time I have to take less milk for the mashed potatoes because it looked more like potato pancake. Still was tasty :p
I saw at the net some folks doing some cooking from Nanny's receipts, even the infamous Strawberry Wobbler :oops:. When I started this post I thought, it could be a cool idea to post here Round Earth versions of Nanny's. Btw.. any Ladies here?

Jan 20, 2021
I remember buying this book in hardback when it was first released, and asking my mother if she would make the sausages for me.

She spent an afternoon piping meat into sausage skins for me, which gave her tennis elbow that still hasn't fully healed to this day. After that I felt so guilty that I never asked her to make anything else again!

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Ouch, Highland Roy (also, welcome). I injured my shoulders doing yard work, so that I couldn't raise my arms above horizontal, but they healed after a year. I've avoided most yard work ever since.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter