New book coming out

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
The Date is: published by Gollancz (14 Nov. 2019)
he Ankh-Morpork Archives, Volume I, is a fully illustrated comprehensive guide to the exuberant capital city of Terry Pratchett's Discworld, getting to the heart of Ankh-Morpork's secrets, societies and guilds.

The book is a compilation of the texts written by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Briggs for the Unseen University, Assassins Guild, Post Office and Thieves Guild diaries. They have been redesigned and formatted into one deluxe digitally re-mastered compendium to showcase the illustrations in large size and the diary element has been removed.

Last edited:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hooray! :) I have been looking at purchasing the diaries for what seems like an eternity. Being able to purchase them at a more reasonable price would be very nice. :) Thank you for letting us know, Dug!

Ghost - LOL! :) No, not by ouija board... and no, this is not a new book, merely a re-printing of the earlier diaries. But still ... ;)

Gollancz and Waterstones have it listed for 25 GBP, with a release date of 14 November 2019.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Damn that just what quite a few of our forum members was looking for
it seems that quite a few of the more expensive books and whatnots are becoming more accessible

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Hooray! :) I have been looking at purchasing the diaries for what seems like an eternity. Being able to purchase them at a more reasonable price would be very nice. :) Thank you for letting us know, Dug!

Ghost - LOL! :) No, not by ouija board... and no, this is not a new book, merely a re-printing of the earlier diaries. But still ... ;)

Gollancz and Waterstones have it listed for 25 GBP, with a release date of 14 November 2019.
Hand-signed copy by Paul Kidby £30.00 Price includes UK delivery, Rath the diary element has been removed.

I'm happy about this too... because the Unseen University Diary is the one diary I never managed to get my hands on...

Mostly it's an excuse for them to print the original art from those diaries in a much nicer format (I suspect some of the images will be enlarged, and some may even be coloured by Kidby). The text is a bonus - I recall there wasn't a huge amount in the UU diary (which is why I didn't buy it when I had the chance) but all the others have bonus info about the various guilds.

I'm hoping Volume 2 will continue with the other diaries: City Watch, Fools' Guild, Reformed Vampyres and... um... can't remember the fourth. Maybe Lu Tze's book of enlightenment?

(There's also a Witch's Diary and the Discworld Almanac, but they were more recent. I'd have to check my bookshelf downstairs to remember the rest of them)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yes, I agree. :) It'll also be the fact that this book is being published and sold by Gollancz, which is a more reliable source (in my not-so-humble) than Abe Books, Amazon or Book Depository. :)

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
This is great for any fan, it's new information and art! Im just so damn sad i didn't know about this a couple years ago, i could have saved myself a good £200+ Still though, i'll treasure those diaries all the same and it's great that the art and text will be preserved yet further still, Blind Io knows the diaries are just paper and would have degraded at some point.

User Menu

Newsletter