New book coming out

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
It's not fair to say that it's a rip-off, Mad. :( Some of us (like me) never got a chance to even see the diaries. When I tried finding them online, I found them in a variety of prices - from 20 GBP to 1,000 GBP. :(

So I for one am very excited about this new development! :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
It really is just another money-making scheme though Rath. A bigger print run of the diaries would solve the problem of the inflated prices, rather than yet another compilation release.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Oh well nothing really new then, I've got all the diaries
show off :p
It really is just another money-making scheme though Rath. A bigger print run of the diaries would solve the problem of the inflated prices, rather than yet another compilation release.
yes but reprinting the 4 diaries plus the shipping costs are going to be more expensive than reformating those 4 diaries into one bound volume

Last edited:

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
I can understand where The Mad Collector is coming from, ive seen plenty of merch that fits the "rip off" description but i can't say it applies to the new book personally.

1. Not everyone is able to afford all the diaries.
2. it's a 4 for 1 deal.
3. The diaries aren't in print any more so you could simply take this as them being in print again.
4. Isn't all merch a "money making scheme"? What matters is whether you think it's worth your money or not. For Mad it isn't but i don't think that makes it a bad thing.

User Menu

Newsletter