New companion book

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Stephen Briggs has been working on this one for the last few years. It will contain everything that's been in those books above (some of which even had revised editions!), supposedly restoring some entries from earlier versions that were cut in Turtle Recall, and of course, adding new entries for everything that came after TR was published. This one is planned to be the, as it says, ultimate or absolute version of the Companion covering everything from all Discworld novels.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
OK, I'm still confused. What's the difference between the Ultimate and Absolute versions? :confused:

Unqualified in extent or degree; total not limited by restrictions or exceptions Absolute version

Being last in a series, process, or progression, conclusive in a series or process; last; final Ultimate version

So in a nutshell its: definite, sure, certain, positive, guaranteed, actual, assured, genuine, exact, precise, decisive, conclusive, unequivocal, unambiguous, infallible, categorical, unquestionable, and fair dinkum edition book. 1615551808515.png

OK, I'm still confused. What's the difference between the Ultimate and Absolute versions? :confused:
I think it's Amazon getting confused - the title isn't really all that clear (picture says one thing, text says another). I suspect we'll find out which it is when the publication date is a bit closer. Stephen Briggs himself didn't clarify when I commented on his Facebook post announcing this (using the same picture as above)

User Menu

Newsletter