North American Discworld Convention 2009

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Nice fots of the Convention.

I have to say I'm pleased to see that Terry has trimmed the beard a bit.

Last interview I saw him on (assisted suicide - it's posted on here somewhere) he was beginning to resemble........ err..... I know I'm not supposed to mention the books or films on here.... but.... Dumbledore!

[ducks from incoming heavy objects smiley]

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Bouncy Castle said:
Nice fots of the Convention.

I have to say I'm pleased to see that Terry has trimmed the beard a bit.

Last interview I saw him on (assisted suicide - it's posted on here somewhere) he was beginning to resemble........ err..... I know I'm not supposed to mention the books or films on here.... but.... Dumbledore!

[ducks from incoming heavy objects smiley]
He did not have much of a choice as the wife said it had to go. :eek:

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
poohbcarrot said:
Why were your jokes and stories considered to be a threat to national security? :laugh:
Do you mean why was my original website blocked by China? Well... the actual reason was that I hosted it with yahoo.com and they use dynamic IP addresses for their websites. China automatically blocks websites with dynamic IP addresses because it's hard for them to keep track of which website is which.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I've just loaded my photo's on to my pc they are not that good too dark and some a bit shakey I was sitting right at the back with some friends so the distance makes them grainy with the zoom on so I will be able to post just a few when I get around to setting up an online jobby wossit.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Great pictures kakaze! Sorry we didn't get to meet there. The pictures I tried to take of the events in the ballroom all came out too dark and/or fuzzy.

It would be great if there's another UScon! Next time I'll make sure I get there before things start. ;)

WWDug, I don't think you got to see me Sunday night. I had a record almost 3 glasses of wine! :laugh: It's a wonder I didn't doze off. It was so great to see you. Wish we'd had more time to visit.

kakaze

Lance-Corporal
Jun 3, 2009
Tonyblack said:
Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :laugh:
I met Exp. the Rat when he was demonstrating how to play Thud in the game room.

By the way, we should all congradulate, or applaud, Exp. the Rat on his auction winning bid of $1,250 for an early copy of Unseen Academicals!

Either he really likes reading Mr. Pratchett's books, or he's really worried about alzhimers!

Someone else bought a second copy of this book for $1,500 at the official auction, but I didn't attend so I don't know who it was.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Catch-up said:
Great pictures kakaze! Sorry we didn't get to meet there. The pictures I tried to take of the events in the ballroom all came out too dark and/or fuzzy.

It would be great if there's another UScon! Next time I'll make sure I get there before things start. ;)

WWDug, I don't think you got to see me Sunday night. I had a record almost 3 glasses of wine! :laugh: It's a wonder I didn't doze off. It was so great to see you. Wish we'd had more time to visit.
Well if you don't make it to the UK one I will see you in Seatlle or Minapolis in 2011 But by then I will be back home living in Bonny Scotland. :laugh:

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Tonyblack said:
I didn't know Exp.Date the Rat had won an auction bid. He's been quiet about it. Wonder if he's told his wife yet? :laugh:
It wasn't anything big. Just a UK paperback copy of Hogfather with Michelle Dockerty scribbled in by some guy. I think his first name starts with T and last with a P I think. He was writing on everything it seems! :x It was for $65 and Kim is fine with it knowing that it was for Alzheimer's research and for the Librarian's cousins protection.

It did kinda shock me that I spent so much money on a PB book, but how many times have I done that and will do it. It was fun and for a good cause.

On a side note I dreamt of the Con the last night! I woke up thinking I was back my hotel room until I came crashing back into reality! :cry:

Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully I can work out going to the 2010 UK one! I can always have hope!

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
kakaze said:
Tonyblack said:
Great photos! Did you get to meet any of the other guys from this site? :laugh:
I met Exp. the Rat when he was demonstrating how to play Thud in the game room.

By the way, we should all congradulate, or applaud, Exp. the Rat on his auction winning bid of $1,250 for an early copy of Unseen Academicals!

Either he really likes reading Mr. Pratchett's books, or he's really worried about alzhimers!

Someone else bought a second copy of this book for $1,500 at the official auction, but I didn't attend so I don't know who it was.

NONONONONONONONO!!!! This wasn't me! I just read this after posting the above. Like I said it was MY FRIEND JAY who won it!!! I wouldn't be allowed back into my house if I did that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nope, I just spent $65 and that was even too much for me. $1,200!!!! That would be a dream.

User Menu

Newsletter