Not long now - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Looks great! Although I have to add that I never saw the logic in sending baby Luke to his father's homeworld and letting him keep the Skywalker name.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sigh. I'm getting tired of all these Star Wars/Star Trek spin-offs, especially the ones that focus on just the one character and ignore all the others. (And especially ones that ignore the canon that came before, as Tony pointed out, and write illogical things).

Here is Spock's take on these things (in haiku, and he raises an eyebrow):

Your shows that portray
us in new situations
are illogical.

;)

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Sigh. I'm getting tired of all these Star Wars/Star Trek spin-offs, especially the ones that focus on just the one character and ignore all the others. (And especially ones that ignore the canon that came before, as Tony pointed out, and write illogical things).

Here is Spock's take on these things (in haiku, and he raises an eyebrow):

Your shows that portray
us in new situations
are illogical.

;)
Umm, didn't Doctor Who do that with Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures? Not to mention testing the waters with K9 & Company? And let's not forget Terry Nation trying a Dalek-centric spinoff series. And that's without going into the loads of spinoffs Big Finish have done, many of which have been successful.

So, frankly, it's not a bad idea automatically. They just need to git gud, the filthy casuals.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I remember reading a magazine article about A New Hope and how Lucas was constantly changing his mind about details. For example, Luke was originally named Luke Starkiller.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I remember reading a magazine article about A New Hope and how Lucas was constantly changing his mind about details. For example, Luke was originally named Luke Starkiller.
Uhh, actually, there was a Starkiller and a Skywalker. I'm pretty sure Luke Skywalker in the original version was a veteran general, and I think Lucas based him on Toshiro Mifune's characters, whereas Starkiller was closer to either Luke Skywalker as we know him, or else Anakin. I can't remember the details, but there's an excellent book by JW Rinzler on the making of the first film (and he did so with the next two films as well). It's expensive, but bloody good. Rinzler also wrote a comic adaptation of one of George Lucas' original drafts. It was...interesting, but honestly, I am glad he went with the version he later filmed...

User Menu

Newsletter