Picard season 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
SPOILERS

I thought the first season was good up until the incredibly ridiculous final episodes with its awful Picard-as-Christ-rising-from-the-dead allegory. Now that Picard is basically an android with Picard's memories, should we expect Patrick Steward to act with the strength of Data? He seemed very frail through most of the series.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I'm probably going to wait until the season is over and then get a 7-day Paramount free trial (that's where we have to watch them in the U.S. The rest of the world sees it on non-US Amazon Prime, I believe) and binge watch Picard and Discovery season 4 and then cancel out. :)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just finished watching season 2 Picard final episode, I thought overall it was a mixed bag some eps. better than others.
Also the last one of the Moon Night Series 1 from Marvel, a bit of a hit and miss for me, I had not read the comics so knew nothing about the characters apart from the blurb.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I'm glad Picard is over. I'm waiting until "The Offer" (a series about the making of The Godfather) to be done before I do my one-month signup for Paramount+ to bingewatch it, Picard and Discovery season 4 and then cancel. :)

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds just started though... (aired the same day as the Picard S2 finale). I enjoyed it, although I'm not terribly familiar with any Star Trek prior to the new era (reboot movies, Discovery et al) - I mean, I've seen a bunch of episodes from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and many of the TOS/TNG movies, but I've never considered myself a Star Trek fan as such. Discovery and Lower Decks are pretty much my favourites.

Damn, there's ANOTHER Star Trek series? Guess I'm gonna wait another ten weeks before signing up for Paramount+ to bring watch all of this stuff.
There's basically Star Trek almost every week for the rest of the year.
https://scifi.radio/2022/02/27/2022-release-schedule-more-star-trek-on-the-way/

We've had: Prodigy, Discovery, Picard, Strange New Worlds so far, and when that's over, it's not likely to be long before we get Lower Decks and more Prodigy towards the end of the year. And likely more Discover, Picard and SNW next year.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Fortunately, I have no interest in the animated shows, so once I finish my one-month membership after SNW is done I can cancel it and wait until the same time in 2023 to blow through the next seasons of the three "live action" shows....

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter