Pratchett Reading Checklist

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ixi

Lance-Constable
Dec 26, 2016
Brno, Czech Republic
After Terry's death two years ago I decided to read and reread everything he had written, and in these two years I fell in love with his books even more (if that's possible). I realized I needed a list of what I read because while keeping tracks of books was not so difficult I hadn't realized how many short stories PTerry had written and not all could be easily obtained.

Since STP has been such an important part of my life, I wanted to pay tribute to him. If I were like Leonardo da Quirm, I would paint a drawing inspired by Discworld, if I were like Imp Y Celyn I would compose a ballad about Sir Terry. Unfortunately I am more like Ponder Stibbons. Recently it occured to me that maybe some my fellow Kevins/Pratchetteers would make use of a simple STP reading checklist app.

So I decided to make a small free app on Android - a list of Terry's finction that one can check if read. It's not finished yet, but since today is the anniversary of Terry's death, I couldn't think of a more appropriate date to tell you about it and ask if someone wants to help - such as by brainstorming with me, testing or helping with english grammar (since I am not a native speaker :)).

It now looks like this:

Ixi

Lance-Constable
Dec 26, 2016
Brno, Czech Republic
Mixa said:
OMG, how did I miss this? What a great idea… Keep us updated! :clap: Can you tell us more about your App?

Mx
Thank you :). The app is almost finished.

It contains the list of Terry's fiction stories that can be read somewhere - for example of the children stories he wrote for the newspapers when he worked as a journalist it contains those that had been reprinted somewhere (such as in collection books), but not those that had only been printed in newspapers and cannot be read by a "normal Kevin :)" without scourging the british libraries looking for the newspapers on microfilms.

The list has 156 items of stories, poem, novels,... with the short info what it is about, in which collection you can find it and the posibility to check it if read.

I made a facebook page for the app: https://www.facebook.com/pratchettreadingchecklist, there is a couple of screenshots from the current version :).

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Ixi said:
Mixa said:
OMG, how did I miss this? What a great idea… Keep us updated! :clap: Can you tell us more about your App?

Mx

It contains the list of Terry's fiction stories that can be read somewhere - for example of the children stories he wrote for the newspapers when he worked as a journalist it contains those that had been reprinted somewhere (such as in collection books), but not those that had only been printed in newspapers and cannot be read by a "normal Kevin :)" without scourging the british libraries looking for the newspapers on microfilms.

The list has 156 items of stories, poem, novels,... with the short info what it is about, in which collection you can find it and the posibility to check it if read.

I made a facebook page for the app: https://www.facebook.com/pratchettreadingchecklist, there is a couple of screenshots from the current version :).
For those of us not on faceborg would you be able to put up a version that is fully accessible to view.

Ixi

Lance-Constable
Dec 26, 2016
Brno, Czech Republic
Who's Wee Dug said:
Ixi said:
Mixa said:

Mx

For those of us not on faceborg would you be able to put up a version that is fully accessible to view.
That facebook page is a public one - browsable even if you are not logged in facebook. But there is not much there, only a couple of screenshots.

Ixi

Lance-Constable
Dec 26, 2016
Brno, Czech Republic
Who's Wee Dug said:
That's a comprehensive list Ixi well done.
Molokov said:
Nice App! Found out there were a few short stories I'd never heard of and probably won't get the chance to read (sigh)...

Plus I suppose I should get around to reading The Dark Side of the Sun at some point. It's the only Pratchett novel I've never read...
Thank you guys, I am happy you like it :).

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Hey! That’s such great news! I’ve just downloaded it and I’m really looking forward to start using it! By now I love the plot summaries :laugh: Congratulations, Ixi! I’ll spread the word! :clap:

Mx

Ixi

Lance-Constable
Dec 26, 2016
Brno, Czech Republic
Mixa said:
Hey! That’s such great news! I’ve just downloaded it and I’m really looking forward to start using it! By now I love the plot summaries :laugh: Congratulations, Ixi! I’ll spread the word! :clap:

Mx
Thank you! :) I hope you'll like it!

User Menu

Newsletter