RIP Tom Sharpe

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 29, 2009
London
Mici. Somebody loaned me one of his books many years ago.

I got on the train home from work, got out the book, and about five pages later, had to put the book away as I was laughing hysterically and people were looking at me! :oops:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
And Blott on the Landscape. :( I recently found the whole series on DVD in a charity shop and thought Geraldine James would make a really good Lady Sybil.

RIP Tom.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
That makes me verrrrrry sad.

I first 'discovered' Sharpe when I found a whole bunch of his paperbacks selling for a dollar each on a remainder table at a local bookshop in the mid 1980s. I was mainly attracted by the covers.

Luckily, one of the Wilt books was the first I read and I was hooked. I read everything he wrote and he became my favorite 'modern' British author long before I had heard of Pterry. Then it seemed in the early 90s he stopped writing, or that none of books were published in the U.S. I don't think I've read anything more recent than Wilt on High. Very sad that he's gone.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
raisindot said:
That makes me verrrrrry sad.

Luckily, one of the Wilt books was the first I read and I was hooked. I read everything he wrote and he became my favorite 'modern' British author long before I had heard of Pterry. Then it seemed in the early 90s he stopped writing, or that none of books were published in the U.S. I don't think I've read anything more recent than Wilt on High. Very sad that he's gone.
His last Wilt book was released in 2010 called "The Wilt Inheritance" and prior to that was "Wilt in Nowhere", released in 2004.

User Menu

Newsletter