STICKY Sad News for us all.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
I really really wish that they would sort the date and time out on this forum. In times to come this will confuse everyone as we react to something that apparently occurs tomorrow. It belittles Terry's memory that his publishers can't even be bothered to fix something so simple

posted 12th March 2015 at 21:18 regardless of what the date/time stamp claims

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Bouncy Castle said:
Poor Del and Q are going to have a nasty shock when they wake up.
I did.

Ave Atque Vale. :cry:

Even so, I knew this was coming sooner rather than later. My condolences to the family.

Jason

Special Constable
Jul 10, 2008
Pontarddulais - Wales
discworldmonthly.co.uk

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Sad news indeed. I read his work in my formative years and it's safe to say that he partly made me the man I am today, influencing the way I think about the world: critical, but with a sense of humour and a touch of absurdism.

Terry Pratchett gave me shelves of books, a sense of community on this forum (where I haven't shown myself as much as I could) and a great outlook on the world and life in general.

So thanks to him for his work, and thanks to all of you for enjoying it together. Keep this up!

Here to sign the condolence book as it were.

I wasn't very busy at work this afternoon when the news hit around 1515 or so. I spent the next 2 hrs till I finished at 1700 just numbly liking, favouriting and retweeting every RIP I could see. Eyes red on the verge of tears as colleagues worked around me.
Other people at work are fans but I don't think anyone is as invested as me. I considered being a fan since 2009 a short time but now it feels like an age that he has been in my life.

He will never leave me.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Almost 20 years ago today.
Terry Pratchett on Pebble Mill, April 1995
This one’s just lovely. Terry Pratchett appeared on BBC One’s lunchtime Pebble Mill programme in April 1995 to promote the release of the Eric Idle, Tony Robinson and Jon Pertwee-voiced Discworld point-and-click adventure game. In conversation with Alan Titchmarsh, Pratchett was sharp, funny and refreshingly frank about the whelk-brained Hollywood execs who’d approached him about buying the Discworld adaptation rights.

User Menu

Newsletter