South African Discworld Event - SADWE 2011

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Copied from C.A's site.

Note of interest to our South African members.

Post a reply 2 posts • Page 1 of 1 Report this postReply with quoteSADWE 2011
by chrisboote » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:52 am

Right, Julia and I going to try to organise the first ever South African Discworld Event - SADWE 2011

Current suggested location and date is Cape Town, Saturday 10th September, probably early evening

We're open to suggestions for a hotel - one that has a good bar and sells food

I'll run a Discworld themed quiz, for which there will be prizes, and I'm always happy to talk about anything DW related

I will ask Rob and Terry if they can talk to us on Skype as well, and see if we can arrange a reading from Snuff, Terry's next book

Terry does want to visit South Africa, so this would also be a good time to talk about a full South African Convention - where and when to hold it, put together a preliminary committee, that sort of thing

So, please can you all publicise this to any South Africans you know (I don't think there are any on this board) and feel free to post this on any other DW or TP boards out there

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
poohcarrot said:
Why is Istanbul your fave city Pinflod? o_O
I was there in 1986 before tourism really took off and it got commercial. The vibrant atmosphere, food, and people were amazing as was the culture and historical sites. Unfortunately, I haven't been back since so I don't know what its like now, but I'm still wearing the same leather jacket that a shop keeper there gave me and which has just had its twenty-fifth birthday (it's looking incredibly tatty now and only just fits). Working on the cruise ships, I had the opportunity to visit many fabulous places and Istanbul tops the list for me. (btw, wild horses wouldn't drag me back to the Caribbean again, the Islands vie with each other for the bottom of my list). :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter