Spooks

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

author3

Sergeant
May 8, 2011
Sunnydale Highschool
has anyone else read this amazing series by Joseph Delaney called Spooks
I am currently reading the 4th one and should hopefully starting the fifth one tonight.
I'll give a quick synopsis of each of the 4 books that I've read

1.The Spooks Apprentice
13 year old Tom Ward becomes apprentice to the County Spook.He has to fight Boggarts, ghosts and Witches and the terrifying Mother Malkin.

2.The Spooks Curse
When the Spooks brother dies Tom has to face a terrifing creature named The Bane alone.

3.The Spooks Secret
Tom and the Spook have to move to the freezing town named Anglezarke but can they defeat a former Spook named Morgan who is trying to summon one of The Old Gods.

4.The Spooks Battle
When Tom's brother Jack and his family get kidnapped by the witches of Pendle can Tom stop the covens uniting to summon The Devil as well as save his family.

I know they were very brief synopsis' but i didn't want to spoil anything
The first book is available on Amazon for £3.76 so I think if you ever come across it in a bookshop you should buy it.

I read the first one not long before I got preoccupied with reading Discworld novels. I enjoyed it, but I have to admit it's partly because they borrow from the history of the area I live in and I find anything connected to or inspired by the Pendle Witches very interesting.

I'd like to read the others, I just don't know when I'll get around to it. :)

User Menu

Newsletter