Stephen Fry to leave QI

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Just read that Stephen Fry is to leave QI at the end of the new series, which just happens to be half way through the alphabet, and with Sandi Toksvig to take over.

I know it won't be the same but I do think they have got the right person to replace him. Nothing has been said about Alan Davis so I guess he is sticking around for a bit longer. :laugh:

DickSimnel

Lance-Constable
Sep 3, 2015
Derby, UK
I'm not a Sandi Toksvig fan. ISTM that she tends to make herself the main focus, whatever the circumstances. Stephen Fry has been quite low-key and self-effacing whereas I'm afraid that Sandi will be a strident host and that would spoil the programme for me. I shall await the next series with trepidation.

Keith

Christoph81

Lance-Constable
Nov 12, 2015
Sandy will do fine. Though it’ll be a bit of a change. And we all knew Stephen couldn’t do the show forever. But it is sad to see him go. Hey, who knows, maybe this will give him the time to take on interesting acting roles (Bond villain?).

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Sister Jennifer said:
Christoph81 said:
take on interesting acting roles (Bond villain?).
Do you expect me to talk?

No Mr Bond. I expect you to die, depart, expire, perish, become an ex 007. Mwhahahaha!

Yeah, that'd work for me.
You know, his eyelids in that shot look nightmarish. Reminds me a little of the Corinthian. I can almost see the teeth behind the eyelids...

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I went to see Dr Strange film today it was quite good they even had an early Pink Floyd track playing :laugh: there was even a nod to a scene in the Lord of the Rings with a eye, and the sequel looks good as is has Thor in it. :mrgreen:

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Sigh. Whenever us Aussies get to see QI, which isn't often, we're still treated to repeats with Stephen in the chair.

It is superb, but I wonder when we might be allowed to catch up with the times. ;)

Nov 15, 2011
Aust.
I have now seen a couple of episodes with Sandi at the helm. She's fantastic, the show is still fantastic, and aside from needing a thesaurus I'm very happy... and fantastically relieved.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Annoying though that the last two episodes were devoted to 'best bits'. That's cheating! :naughty:

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter