Terry Pratchett's Discworld Imaginarium

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Looking good. :) I wonder who all the folks are in that group photo (i.e. the one at the top, not The Band with Rocks In)...

Back row: the soon-to-be-in-a-scorpion-pit mime, Sgt Detritus, Coalface (?), Chrysoprase, ???, Diamond King of Trolls (?), Dr Whiteface.

2nd back row: Nijel the Destroyer (note the sword), Moist von Lipwig, Adorabelle Dearheart, Cohen the Barbarian, Fred Colon, Sam Vimes, Magrat Garlick, ???, Otto Chriek, Verence II, Granny Weatherwax, Casanunda, Nanny Ogg & Greebo, Ponder Stibbons, the Dean, Ridcully, Lord Vetinari, Rincewind, Leonard of Quirm, Mort, DEATH, Ysabell, Susan Sto Helit, Lord Downey, Albert, Carrot, ??? (just under Carrot), Angua, Umm... Angua's brother (i.e. Andrei the Yennork?), Lu-Tze, Reg Shoe.

Front row: Gimlet, Wuffles (?), Nobby, Your Armpit, one of the goblins (not sure which), Tiffany, The Librarian, The Luggage, Twoflower, Cheery Littlebottom, nameless dog (?), Igor, and another dwarf that looks like Your Armpit. :p

Even Fronter than the Front Row (but obscured by the guardian, darn it!: Hamish and Morag, Errol the dragon, another dragon (difficult to make out), Death of Rats (next to the Librarian), The Amazing Maurice and assorted rodentia.

How did I do? ;) Can you recognise anyone else? :)

simmonds91

Lance-Corporal
Oct 29, 2012
You got two of them incorrect... maybe... What i mean is, anguas brother the yennork works as a sheepdog, i see no sheepdog, but i cant figure out who that werewolf like creature is next to her so you may be right? And the unnamed dog next to cheery is Gaspode :)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
simmonds91 said:
You got two of them incorrect... maybe... What i mean is, anguas brother the yennork works as a sheepdog, i see no sheepdog, but i cant figure out who that werewolf like creature is next to her so you may be right? And the unnamed dog next to cheery is Gaspode :)
That's okay. I think I can now fill in some of the missing ones:

- Under Carrot (with the red cap) is Eric Thursley the demonologist (who once took Rincewind to the Tezumen Empire, the Tsortean Wars, the beginning of Time, and Hell).

- Between Sam Vimes and Otto Chriek (wearing a top hat and a cheerful expression) is CMOT Dibbler.

- You're right - next to Angua is not her brother, but Lupine the wolfman (mentioned in Reaper Man).

- The large-eyed dog between Gimlet and Nobby is Mr Fusspot (from Making Money).

- The two dwarves in black are not Your Armpit (from The Last Hero) but Grabpot Thundergust (who makes perfumes in A-M) and Snori Snorisson (mentioned only in Raising Steam, pg. 228, as writing into Harry King to say that 'so many other people had arranged to meet under the station clock that his friend had taken four hours to find him... shouldn't the railway provide stepladders for the use of shorter citizens?')

- The assorted rats next to Amazing Maurice are very difficult to make out, even in the list that Molokov kindly pointed us to. (Thanks, Molokov!) :)

- Just in front of Tiffany are some Feegles that the guardian cut out. (Gee thanks, guarniad). :p

- Still not sure about the trolls in the back row (i.e. "Sgt Detritus, Coalface (?), Chrysoprase, ???, and Diamond King of Trolls (?)"). Detritus and Chrysoprase are easy to make out, obviously. As for the other three... I only think that the black troll is Coalface because he's coloured black, obviously. On Chrysoprase's right is Dorfl (in orange), a huge troll that I can't make out (any help?), and a large troll who I thought was Diamond because he was wrapped up so much in a garment, but who turns out to be Cpl Flint from Men At Arms, Feet of Clay and The Fifth Elephant). On Flint's right is Dr Whiteface of the Fools' Guild, obviously. ;)

One last thing, by the way (and this is amusing)... I looked up L-space on google, and 4 of the first 5 results were websites for some company who make one-piece bathing suits and bikinis. Uhm, what? *raises eyebrow, a la Lord Vetinari* ;)

It's full of gorgeous Paul Kidby artwork (both colour and B&W) with some minor bits of text at the beginning of each section... but that's all. So if you love Kidby's artwork and want a book full of it, it's worth it. If you want something to read, it's probably not for you.

User Menu

Newsletter