Terry's talk in Sydney

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Feegled from these very nice people's site at PJSM's news whirlygigs thingymabobs posting.

Apologies for the lack of news thus far this month; this isn't because of a lack of news, but quite the opposite - there's simply far too much of it! We're presently writing this in Australia in the middle of a magnificent tour and will update you shortly with great tales of speaking at the Sydney Opera House and visits to Hobbiton.

More from me very soon.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I just watched it all 1¼ hours of it, very good it was too. :laugh: :) edit to add when Terry came out with the quote a tooth for a lady when he was throwing some into the audience and he asked if she got one.

Ps that makes it the hat trick. :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Turtles4Ever said:
Regarding Terry's latest chat/talk at the Sydney Opera House. It's online here:

http://play.sydneyoperahouse.com/index. ... -talk.html

But I can't get it to play past about 10 minutes.

Does it work for anyone else?
Thanks Turtles.

Watching it..... still have 15 mins to go... need a cuppa..... Wonderful so far.

A READING FROM SNUFF TOO !! :laugh:

Some interesting thoughts from TP. He believes he has finally become "a journeyman" with ISWM..... I wouldn't agree. Though I had this conversation with my adult daughter about a week ago.... she believes it is THE definative book of his career.

I couldn't catch the name he mentions of the other satirist he feels he can finally overtake (who died). Anyone who can help? (You know when you ae listening SO hard you miss something?)

Siren

Lance-Constable
Apr 27, 2011
Southampton,UK
Watched this a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed it. The Snuff reading was a treat wasn't it? 'WHAT?! What!' :laugh:
I did miss Mr. Robinson a little at that point though... But can't wait for the book now!

And 'Making a sword is just Blacksmithing, up to a point'. Loved the subtlety of that one :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Thanks meerkat! :laugh: Yes, I've read the blurb, but I'm funny about reading a chunk of a book that I won't be able to read the rest of for some time. Bernard Cornwell sometimes posts the first chapter of his new books on his website and I refuse to read them. I guess it's a bit like trying to work out what your christmas presents are. I never do that. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Nope! I used to when I was a kid, but having to pretend to look surprised on christmas day when I already knew what I was getting kind of spoiled the whole thing. ;)

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Tonyblack said:
Nope! I used to when I was a kid, but having to pretend to look surprised on christmas day when I already knew what I was getting kind of spoiled the whole thing. ;)
I did it ONCE :oops: When I opened the SPIROGRAPH!!!!!!!!!! OMG! A SPIROGRAPH!!!!!!!! it had all these pages of completed patterns.... I managed to convince my parents they must have been samples to show someone HOW to do it :oops:

(Well... lovely white paper was in short supply back then... I couldnt throw it out)

I have NEVER ever looked ever ever again. I think it was more the fact I lied to my parents.

But I do read the last page first when I get a book........

And don't worry Tony... the excerp from Snuff is random... reveals NOTHING!

User Menu

Newsletter