The Discworld BookTag

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia

Here’s a Discworld BookTag I created this month I thought I must share with all of you. How well you think you know the most emblematic characters of the Discworld series and what other books written by different authors do you think that get along with their personalities? Do you accept the challenge? Have fun and enjoy! :dance:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

SAMUEL VIMES

A stunning thriller novel

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

LADY SYBIL RAMKIN

An unexpected romantic novel

CAPTAIN CARROT

An impeccable book from which everyone says very good things about it

CHEERY LITTLEBOTTOM

A book that had nothing to do with its cover

DEATH WORKING AS THE HOGFATHER

A novel you would have never expected to end up reading

NANNY OGG

A book that made you blush

GRANNY WHEATHERWAX

The most magic novel in your bookshelf

RINCEWIND & THE LUGGAGE

A book that chases you everywhere you go

THE LIBRARIAN

If someone talks badly about this book or collection you go librarianly angry

MUSTRUM RIDCULLY

A series with an ending no one expected but that you really liked

THE BURSAR

A novel that made you go nuts

TWOFLOWER

A foreign book you love

LORD HAVELOCK VETINARI

A novel with lots of hidden messages

COHEN THE BARBARIAN

A novel that has never been out of fashion for you

CUT-ME-OWN-THROAT DIBBLER

A novel that left you a not very good taste but that didn’t stop selling copies in libraries

OTTO CHRIEK

A book that dazzled you

Mx

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Hmm... I can't think of many of those types of books, but I can certainly think of many (MANY!) Dibbler books - The Da Vinci Code (and sequels), Fifty Shades of Grey (and sequels), etc.

The DEATH-as-Hogfather book, for me, would be the Harry Potter series. When I started reading it, I thought it could never be as good as a Pterry book. Upon reflection, I didn't mind it that much. I thought it was a little on the immature side - it reminded me a little of the Enid Blyton books that I read as a very young kid - but if it leads other kids to reading books, I'm all for it. :)

User Menu

Newsletter