The Dulwich Players Present Terry Pratchett’s WYRD SISTERS

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Mar 27, 2022
Hi There
Our amateur theatre group is putting on a production of Wyrd Sisters in a couple of weeks in London, UK, and I was wondering if I could post about it or let members know it is happening in case anyone is interested? I see you have a forum related to TV, film, etc and thought it could be relevant there
Thanks

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi there and welcome! Your first few posts will need to be moderated (don't arsk us about trolls!) and then you'll be able to post on the whole forum. :)

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Greetings and g'day from Fourecks! :) As Tony says, please post another few times here, and then you'll be able to see and post on the whole forum. Or feel free to post about your production here!

Will Dr Hicks/Hix be there? ;)

Mar 27, 2022
Hi both, thanks for your replies!

I will come completely clean, as I don't wish to be a troll, in this world or elsewhere more disc-shaped...

...I, personally, don't know all that much about Terry Prachett (I understand this admission is probably quite a faux pas on a Terry Prachett fan site!). The idea to put on one of his plays came from a member of the cast and the director. We are doing a production of Wyrd Sisters (I play 'Fool') next week and I was just asked to reach out to some forums and online groups to spread the word, in case fans would be interested in seeing the play.

The play itself has been adapted by Stephen Briggs, who I believe was actually a friend of Terry Prachett's and I think they may have even worked on the adaptations together, or at least, they were put together with the author's blessing.

That's it really. The play is in South London next week, Wednesday-Saturday. It's been an interesting journey getting to know the story, some of the characters and, I'm sure, completely not getting many many in-jokes that a fan would enjoy!

I've pasted some info about the production below, in case of interest.

Many thanks
Mark

----

The Dulwich Players Present
Terry Pratchett’s WYRD SISTERS
Adapted by Stephen Briggs
With music by Paul Grimwood
From 6th – 9th April
At The Edward Alleyn Theatre, Dulwich College, SE21 7LD

Tickets are £12 (plus booking fee) available through https://www.dulwichplayers.org/ or bookings@dulwichplayers.org
Tickets are also sold on the door, subject to availability.

Performances:
Wednesday 6th – Friday 8th April at 8pm
Saturday 9th April at 3pm and 8pm

Royalties and Programme Donations go to Terry Pratchett’s chosen charity: the Orangutan Foundation.

This performance of Wyrd Sisters, a Discworld® Play, is an AMATEUR PRODUCTION

Wyrd Sisters was the 6th of Terry Pratchett’s 41 Discworld® books, and one where he quite properly decides that witches, and not wizards, should be the dominant force, driving forward this wonderful world of magic.
Join us in a story of drama, love and silliness, combining Macbeth and Hamlet with a touch of Lear (and maybe Blackadder); where the wicked are extremely wicked, and good appears in surprising forms. Depressed heroes and brainless guards; noble actors and a vowel-less demon; all guided by rule-breaking witches and – above all magic – as we fly through 22 manic scene changes to that glorious moment when good triumphs over evil.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Don't worry about not knowing much about Terry or DW, yourself. We're quite welcoming here and used to have a Canadian fellow who had never read a Terry Pratchett book in his life as a very active member. He wandered in by accident one day, found he liked it here, and decided to stay. This was in the days when the forum was very active and prior to the spammers almost killing it off, though. :(

You're more than welcome to hang about the place and join in. :)

User Menu

Newsletter