The First Dutch Discworld Convention.

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
As reported in Discworld Monthly, the first ever Dutch Discworld Convention will take place in Rotterdam next May. :laugh:

Full details can be found on the official website HERE.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
WOW! He will be busy next year. With the NADWCon (which the signs are pointing to a good YES that i will be going) then this Dutch Con, and the usual Wincanton ones.

Then the interviews that he does, and the book signings, and staring out into space, when does he get time to write? :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
To be honest, I don't know for sure if he's attending them all. There's a German and an Australian convention next year as well as the US one and the Dutch one. o_O

Finomans

Lance-Corporal
Jul 5, 2010
The Netherlands
WOOHOOO i'm so going to the dutch DWcon. Finally one only 20 kilometers away from my home. :laugh: Let's hope Sir Terry will be there I'd really like to meet him in person.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I'm going too! :laugh: Sjoerd sulked until I said I would :p

So far no luck with registering on their website and they haven't answered my email on how they want paying (there are some banking details but I'm frankly pretty worried that there is TBH - plus email doesn't seem to work with the registration form for me in any way... :( ) but I booked the hotel anyway so I'll just have to have a day pass if it doesn't get fixed! :laugh:

Djelibeybi

Lance-Constable
Sep 13, 2010
Swindon, Wilts
www.djelibeybi.co.uk
Tonyblack said:
To be honest, I don't know for sure if he's attending them all. There's a German and an Australian convention next year as well as the US one and the Dutch one. o_O
And the Irish one!

Sjoerd3000 said:
I´m going too 8)

Registration is a bit problematic :rolleyes: The site doesn´t look very professional either ;)
Give 'em a chance - Brian and his team have had years of practice!

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Any word on when the irish one is . The site is Just a notice of coming soon.
Sadly missed this year due to work but will make sure this time round.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I thought was November Sjoerd as in October they have Octocon in Dublin which has GRR Martin as GOH, as that makes it serious competion if people can't do both.

Pip there is a local sf monthly meeting in Dublin you would find flyers or info there I don't know which pub it is held in now as they have changed it.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Who's Wee Dug said:
I thought was November Sjoerd as in October they have Octocon in Dublin which has GRR Martin as GOH, as that makes it serious competion if people can't do both.

Pip there is a local sf monthly meeting in Dublin you would find flyers or info there I don't know which pub it is held in now as they have changed it.
I'll track this down. Cheers for the info. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter