The Watch update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Who is who, here? I'm confused. :confused:

From left to right, as far as I can make out: Angua (?), Cheery (?), lady in green with two axes (is that Carrot?!?), Vimes, Detritus, and ... someone with a crossbow. Carrot? Carcer?

Whatever this is, it certainly doesn't look like Discworld. Hopefully it sounds like Discworld, at least.

Who is who, here? I'm confused. :confused:

From left to right, as far as I can make out: Angua (?), Cheery (?), lady in green with two axes (is that Carrot?!?), Vimes, Detritus, and ... someone with a crossbow. Carrot? Carcer?
From L-R, it's Cheery (tall, non-binary, no beard), Angua (short with short blonde hair), Sybil Ramkin (thin, axes... why not a dragon?), Vimes, Detritus, Carrot.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
From L-R, it's Cheery (tall, non-binary, no beard), Angua (short with short blonde hair), Sybil Ramkin (thin, axes... why not a dragon?), Vimes, Detritus, Carrot.
Huh. Carrot with a crossbow? I thought axes were the traditional dwarf weapon. (He double-wields axes at least once - in G!G!, when he charges the palace guards). ;)

Lady Sybil with two axes? What the ... heck? And one of them is a double-bladed axe, the heavy kind -- the kind you need two hands just to lift. :rolleyes:

And where's Cheery's armour/helmet/beard? :confused:

OK, obviously this isn't Discworld. Hopefully it doesn't market itself as Discworld, because if it does ... we're done here.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just found this.
As you haven't answered our question, may we ask you if it was ex-president of AMC Networks Sarah Barnett ? She recently left the network and had been on record saying "The Watch will be a very BBC America show. As with Killing Eve, we don’t go straight at an (1/2)
Replying to

@dwmoook

and

@MrSimonAllen

.. adaptation – we blur genres, undercut with humor, and hire the most genius writers and actors to create stories and charactAs you haven't answered our question, may we ask you if it was ex-president of AMC Networks Sarah Barnett ? She recently left the network and had been on record saying "The Watch will be a very BBC America show. As with Killing Eve, we don’t go straight at an (1/2)ers that are both entertaining and very contemporary, that say something new." Did she leave AMC in part due to the negativity from Terry's fans?

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Think if I'm to watch this it's on the acceptance it's definitely not Discworld or Pratchetts watch at all.
It will definitely fail the fan test

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
That's the problem though, pip. It bills itself as "The Ankh-Morpork Watch" from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. :(

I agree it won't fool anyone who's read any of Terry's Watch books, but anyone who hasn't ... will be fooled. And that's a problem. How do we fans tell them (gently) that they're being sold a massive fib? :(

User Menu

Newsletter