Troll Bridge showing in Melbourne

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Yay! I went and saw "Troll Bridge" last night, along with a bunch of Discworld fans. :) My only regret is that the director was there, but I didn't know who he was, so I didn't say hello because a lot of other films were on, and I didn't want to assume he was there for "Troll Bridge". Oh. :(

But putting that aside, it was great! Lots of love for Snowgum Films. The film was very cool. :cool: I liked the depiction of Cohen and the trolls. The film stuck pretty closely to the story, which was great. Everyone laughed and had a good time. The song for the credits was very good, too! :)

There one thing I'm not sure about, though: why did the organisers of the festival put this film along with short thrillers and short horror films? :confused: It's not either. It doesn't really fit in either category. Maybe whoever created the program looked at the blurb, saw "fantasy", and thought along the lines of "Oh! Fantasy! Right - like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings and such. Let's put it in with thrillers and horror." :rolleyes:

Oh, well ... I'm just happy that it finally, finally got a showing. Yay! :)

(Incidentally, Dug ... why am I a lucky, lucky, lucky...? ;) Hasn't the film made it to the UK yet?)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Yay! I went and saw "Troll Bridge" last night, along with a bunch of Discworld fans. :) My only regret is that the director was there, but I didn't know who he was, so I didn't say hello because a lot of other films were on, and I didn't want to assume he was there for "Troll Bridge". Oh. :(

But putting that aside, it was great! Lots of love for Snowgum Films. The film was very cool. :cool: I liked the depiction of Cohen and the trolls. The film stuck pretty closely to the story, which was great. Everyone laughed and had a good time. The song for the credits was very good, too! :)

There one thing I'm not sure about, though: why did the organisers of the festival put this film along with short thrillers and short horror films? :confused: It's not either. It doesn't really fit in either category. Maybe whoever created the program looked at the blurb, saw "fantasy", and thought along the lines of "Oh! Fantasy! Right - like Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings and such. Let's put it in with thrillers and horror." :rolleyes:

Oh, well ... I'm just happy that it finally, finally got a showing. Yay! :)

(Incidentally, Dug ... why am I a lucky, lucky, lucky...? ;) Hasn't the film made it to the UK yet?)
It was not showing in Scotland Rath ,I was hoping it was going to be at the Edinburgh Film Festival like Good Omens was ,but alas no joy woe is me. I will have to wait on my DVD coming .

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
It was not showing in Scotland Rath, I was hoping it was going to be at the Edinburgh Film Festival like Good Omens was ,but alas no joy woe is me. I will have to wait on my DVD coming.
Aw. :( Well, all good things come to those who wait! :) Not to worry - I'm sure the DVD will be there soon, and it will be all the better for the wait! :)

Tony, I hope everyone in Llanelli enjoyed the film. :)

User Menu

Newsletter