Undertale

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
This game was released last year, and I only recently started playing it. I personally think this is a game Terry Pratchett would have played if it had been released during his lifetime. A lot of it subverts the standard tropes of RPGs, with it being a game where you not only don't have to kill your enemies, but you're actually encouraged to avoid doing so.

Has anyone else here played Undertale?

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
=Tamar said:
I don't do that kind of games, but it sounds wonderful.
It's also quite funny. Some of the humour would be stuff Terry would have enjoyed, though others (like the excruciating puns two of the characters, Toriel and Sans, enjoy) are less like that. And if you make the effort to avoid killing anyone, you're made to feel like less of an SOB.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
I think you'd like Distraint I found out about it from Jordan Underneath when it was on Steams dollar sale
although a short sort of point and click game it has a heavily narrative morality driven storyline
with a almost black sense of humour

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
I probably won't. If I want to play a psychological horror game, I'd go and play a Silent Hill game.

Anyway, this thread is about Undertale. Ghost, do you have anything to discuss about that game? We'll make this thread a spoiler-filled zone, though...

Shinymetal

Lance-Constable
Jan 27, 2017
Matanzas, Cuba
In my first playthrough I got really upset because I accidentally killed Toriel, so I stoped playing for a while. After that I figured how to win the rest of the boss fights without killing anybody.

Jan 20, 2021
I haven't played it myself, but I've watched other people doing a playthrough and I absolutely adored it. The sense of humour and general aesthetic of the game are so delightful and charming

User Menu

Newsletter