What Are You Reading 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 26, 2012
I'm reading Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre on my kindle. Jane is such a wuss and Rochester is a deceitful, manipulative whingeing troll. And ugly. I'm really enjoying it. Prior to that, I read The Long Earth but although I struggled to put it down, the lack of an ending drove me mad. I've read some forum contributions that make me think that I must have missed the point somehow, and I feel a bit daft for expecting a sci-fi book to be stand-alone. Next Pratchett project is re-reading of Interesting Times, though Jasper Fforde may take priority. Anybody tried him? Thought The Eyre Affair might be a good place to start.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
StephanieHill said:
Next Pratchett project is re-reading of Interesting Times, though Jasper Fforde may take priority. Anybody tried him? Thought The Eyre Affair might be a good place to start.
Personally, I think Fforde is trying to outdo Adams and Pratchett at their own games, and lacks the originality and talent of either. It worked pretty well in The Eyre Affair (although this was little more than a novel-length variation of Woody Allen's classic short story, The Kugelmass Episode(,, but the series goes downhill with each succeeding novel. The last one was barely readable.

Apr 29, 2009
London
Yeah, the Dresdens are great, CHRISTOPHER.

;)

They made a TV series, which was OK for the first five or six eppys, then got REALLY good.

Naturally, they cancelled it whilst leaving a Cliffhanger.

:twisted:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I got them to watch Bouncy seen the 1st two eps.

Yes they are good Chris I've also got some of them from Audible read by James(Spike) Masters he's good.... and JB recommended Benedict Jaka books, similar theme but he operates from Camden London, bought the 1st two still to read them maybe after Glen Cook one I'm reading.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Bouncy Castle said:
Just started Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum No. 18.
I'm still trying to get hold of 11 at the library. Maybe I should just read 10 twice (already I can't remember what it was about).

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Dotsie said:
Bouncy Castle said:
Just started Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum No. 18.
I'm still trying to get hold of 11 at the library. Maybe I should just read 10 twice (already I can't remember what it was about).
Well, that's the way it is with Evanovich. She essentially recycles the same set of plot conventions over and over without really creating anything you remember later. She gets away with it because she's good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter